HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

To sell or not to sell

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2015, 12:23 AM

To sell or not to sell

Hi

So I have a used 09 performance pkg, 5 speed, 20k. Zzperformance downpipe and magnaflow exhaust, Gm tune.

And....the clutch lasted me 4hours after I got it home. Dealership stuck me with the bill... Buyer beware... Then 800 miles later, clutch goes out again. This time the original dealership has gone out of business,....

The bs just keeps going. I paid about13k for it and it's been in the shop longer than my garage.

I really like my 'lunch box car' but is it even worth it to keep going with this? Just bite the bullet and then unload it? I'm pretty sure that's exactly what happened to me.

Yes, I do know how to drive a manual

BTW, I'm having issues posting pics but she's imperial blue with white racing stripes.

Help! This was supposed to be my mid life crisis car.... Now it's just a crisis
Old 06-04-2015, 06:06 AM

Not trying to be funny, but, if you're looking for someone to "wave the magic wand" it's not going to happen. All cars have flaws, I just got through a horrific electrical gremlin problem with the wife's '06 2LT, but, that aside, it's a great little ride, she loves it.
Old 06-04-2015, 06:38 AM

That really depends on if you have the time and willingness to do what's needed to make it right. It sounds like your unsure so it's something to think about. (time and money etc)

When I got mine I tried to find one that was one owner, as stock as possible and even still I had to replace a leaky windshield, Replace a cracked side mirror, Headlights needed to be replaced due to hazing etc.

The HHR's are getting up in years and not everyone is astute to maintenance and upkeep etc!

It sounds like with the mods and low mileage it was probably owned by an enthusiast that possibly abused it so yeah you could be buying someone else trouble but is it worth it to fix it to you..

It would be to me because I love these little boxes. Good luck with what you decide
Old 06-04-2015, 07:10 AM

Would the repair be under a warranty if the dealership was still in business?

If yes and the dealership that originally performed the repair went out of business, you may want to contact GM direct to see if they can put you in contact with a different dealership in your area that will at least look at the situation and see if there is something that can be done.

I have no idea if they will offer assistance, but it's worth the effort if they do...
Old 06-04-2015, 08:27 AM
Administrator

It could be that the flywheel was not resurfaced or replaced, the slave cylinder failed, or a number of other problems caused the recent clutch to fail.
I'd take the time to correct the problem fully and enjoy the SS out of that ride!!
Old 06-04-2015, 08:34 AM
Platinum Member

2009 model, so the 5 yr. 100k mile powertrain warranty should be expired by now.
Also. On the 2010's, the clutch and pressure plate are NOT part of the powertrain warranty.

If the OP has had to replace the clutch twice, then there is some other issue with this SS. Either some other part of the clutch system has a defect or, there is an installation error.
He didn't say what part of the clutch went bad, so I'm just assuming he meant the clutch and pressure plate.
Old 06-04-2015, 12:13 PM

You might want to contact Chevrolet customer service, they will point you in the right direction.
go to search window at the top of the forum and enter Chevrolet customer service.
also visit my.chevrolet.com
Good luck
Tim
Old 06-04-2015, 08:09 PM

So i talked to the second dealership. They said that the first had over torqued one of the bolts and broke one of the steering knuckles. They had also scored the pressure plate. They said that they work on rides that actually race and he had never seen something this bad.

I'm going to see just how much $$$I lost on this and trade /sell it.

I've already started talking to attorneys. 13k should not inflate to 18k in less than 2 months. I've been had.

Look out Mazda here I come ☺ okay maybe not but still.... Perhaps a Cobalt SS...

Thanks for the replies
Old 06-04-2015, 09:24 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by RX5801
So i talked to the second dealership. They said that the first had over torqued one of the bolts and broke one of the steering knuckles. They had also scored the pressure plate. They said that they work on rides that actually race and he had never seen something this bad.
Been working on cars for many years. Not really sure what that paragraph above means.
And what does a steering knuckle have to do with a clutch ?
Old 06-04-2015, 11:17 PM

And that is one of the issues. I have no idea what they were doing inside my car, let alone how they managed to accomplish these things without even fixing the issue. Lol.. Arg

Quick Reply: To sell or not to sell