HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

Sponsorship?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 03:05 PM

Sponsorship?

Does anyone know how to get sponsorship for your vehicle. I have found some sites but they all want some money uprfront before they will hook me up with sponsors. I would love to get some audio and performance upgrades on the hook up and would have no problem showing out for them. I have my HHR.Net decal blazing. Does anybody have advice.
Old 07-26-2010, 10:20 PM

If you want a sponsor, draw up a good plan of what you want to do and shop it around to companies that can priovide the product.

Show what kind of work you have done before to show you are real and not just someone scamming.

Finally don't send anyone money. The idea it to get money not give it away to a scam artist.

Getting a sponsor for anything is not always easy but sometimes good opritunities come along and you can get a good offer.

I deal with racing sponsorships for myself and others at work. It takes good marketing of your self and what good you can supply to the company or vendor. You must sell your self and show that you can help sell the products you want or need. In other words they want a return on their investment and you must show how you will do that.

Most companies are looking just to hand outs.

Sell them on why they need you.
Old 07-27-2010, 07:14 AM

Check with a vehicle wrap shop.... the HHR has a redially available wrap pattern, and is popular for fleet service... the panel was made for advertising... they do have wraps for the windowed model too. I have a friend that has a redbull sponsorship, he drives an Avalanche with a huge redbull can in the back and matching paint-job.... here is the thing, there are companies looking for people like you, but they have a marketing division that already has a plan, a wrap, and an ideal car choice for their product line. Keep looking, you may have to buy a new car to qualify.. but they pay your insurance and car payment..., and the occosional appearance. I would love to see a red SS with white Coca-Cola stuff.... a white panel with steelies and a milk logo.... it goes on and on
Old 07-27-2010, 11:37 AM

I agree with hyperv6 100%. Having worked with a friend in seeking sponsorship for a drag car, we designed a full marketing package for his car and the team. We covered every aspect from his drag racing history and accomplishments (several titles, avg. reaction time was .020, etc), what accomplishments the car had made to date (i.e. fastest N/A stock block Neon in the country at the time). Then spelled out our marketing plan for ourselves and the companies we wanted sponsorships from. It can be a little daunting if you are just getting your feet wet in seeking sponsorships, but with persistance you can get some great sponsorships, and make terrific connections in the field as well.

Later
Allex
Old 07-28-2010, 05:13 PM

This is why I am a premium member my folk have better info than wikipedia.
Thanks guys. What do you think of me trading my 09 in for a 10 with performance pack and stick with pioneer. Everything I wanted. Anyway I would like to get local shops invovled should I just call them.
Old 07-28-2010, 06:29 PM

By working with a local shop you can show what you can do and shop for bigger backers later.

As for going from a 09 to a 10? You are going to take a big $$$ hit on trade for nearly the same car. If there was something wrong with what you have than that might work but I would save my money.

Sponsorship take work or connections. We got a couple sponsors for the race car with the connections we have and have made. Now that we are started I hope to expand and grow them to help cover more of the car. We can now shop around we have some strong finishes and even will appear in a Movie next year. That is if our part does not get cut. LOL!