HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

SS Emblems

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2009 | 04:42 PM

SS Emblems

I'm looking to find red SS emblems for the sides and back of my 09 SS and also would like either red Bowties or the black w/ red outline Bowties. I tried checking at the dealership today to see what they could find for me and had NO luck... I would need to know what specific model of vehicle the red SS emblems came on to look them up and we couldn't figure that out. I knew the black/red Bowtie came on the 454 SS trucks, but there was no way to see if those would fit the way the current one does on the HHR. Anyone know places to find more info on either of these or anyone changed theirs???
Old 08-11-2009 | 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by Goody
I'm looking to find red SS emblems for the sides and back of my 09 SS and also would like either red Bowties or the black w/ red outline Bowties. I tried checking at the dealership today to see what they could find for me and had NO luck... I would need to know what specific model of vehicle the red SS emblems came on to look them up and we couldn't figure that out. I knew the black/red Bowtie came on the 454 SS trucks, but there was no way to see if those would fit the way the current one does on the HHR. Anyone know places to find more info on either of these or anyone changed theirs???
I want to get more SS emblems as well. I wouldn't mind getting something that would go over the center of the wheel (over the bowtie either) if that's possible.
Old 08-11-2009 | 04:54 PM

Maybe use the Search function...but here's the site...Flaming decals gives you the whole kit for $11.00 cheapest place I've seen yet. Of course I debadged my whole vehicle all together!!!!!!! I want people to think it's just a plane ole HHR then they wanna play... The SS comes alive chews em up and spits them out the backside.
http://www.flamingdecals.com/servlet/Categories
Old 08-11-2009 | 04:55 PM

Try www.motorcityvinyl.com
they have.. products that..
cover the white in on the SS badges...
Old 08-11-2009 | 07:48 PM

Your gonna have to buy vinyl ss overlays and bowtie overlays, or you can just go to a local vinyl sign store and buy some scraps or small piece and cut your own. I know the new camaro has a red ss if you also purchase the rs package, but they are a different style ss. Some people also paint the SS logos and bowties. Sorry it is not as easy as buying a new colored ss badges, but doing it yourself is def. cheaper then buying one from a dealer.

Here is an ebay seller who sells the ss badges, not sure if they are the door or hatch ones. Figure I will let you guys do some work and measuring. Hope it all works out for you
Old 08-11-2009 | 08:24 PM

SS Badges

Try Flamingdecals.com I purchased SS and Bowtie overlays.. excellent fit on SS badges, and over a dozen color choices...
Old 08-11-2009 | 08:52 PM

Yes flaming is the place, look in my pic gallery I've already done thr SS in red and black bowties with the frt having the red SS inlay
Old 08-12-2009 | 01:31 AM

I had seen the overlays for sell and was attempting at not doing that. I was curious to hear from some of you with them and your opinion on how good they actually look, tho. I did see the red SS emblems on ebay, but it looked like they were only the size that fits the rear and none larger like the door emblems. I would've already purchased them if I'd seen both! I've also found the bowties I want on ebay, but had no clue of the difficulties I may find with them fitting the mountings on the HHR. I'd REALLY rather replace the emblems than do overlays, BUT if the overlays are THAT good then I may have a change of heart...
Old 08-12-2009 | 07:28 AM

I have black overlays on mine, and I think they look pretty much like they came that way.

Old 08-12-2009 | 10:51 AM

Thanks for that info! I've just not seen the overlays in person to know quality-wise what it looks like. Also, did you put overlays on the bowties or you get black bowties???

Quick Reply: SS Emblems