HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

Thinking of buying a used SS

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2010, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by FrugalAudio
Really don't want the Victory Red. Don't care for the two-tone interior either. The one I plan to look at today is Sunburst Orange Metallic.
The other colors are fine just give you much less to choose from.
Old 11-28-2010, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by SS fan
I drove one of those it looked good but the blue got me
The more I think about it I just don't like the SOM. It looked good on a '72 Skylark, not so much on an HHR. Silver, Blue, Black for me. Might even rethink the red. The plain gray I've seen on a couple LTs would've been cool.
Don't know what GM was thinking with the black/red interior combo. I've ruled out a couple of otherwise good prospects 'cause of that.
Old 11-28-2010, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by FrugalAudio
Don't know what GM was thinking with the black/red interior combo. I've ruled out a couple of otherwise good prospects 'cause of that.

Wow, thats suprising that you would say that about the red/blk interior choice. aside, from the "nice car" comments, everyone that has sat in it comments about how much they like the 2-tone interior. Personally, the single color interiors lack a certain "umph" that the rest of the car exhibits. It is an "odd" little hot-rod that will one-day end up as a curiosity in a lot of collections, just the way they are.
Old 11-28-2010, 05:35 PM

I am selling mine. I live in Omaha, NE. It is a 2008 SS with auto and all the options. Black, Black interior, Sun/moon roof, performance seats, roof rack just to name a few. It has 27,000 miles and has never been driven in winter. I garage it and drive my Jeep. I wan't a new Jeep and just started looking for them. So I have not even posted a sale for the HHR. It runs grat and had one service call to fix a tranny issue. They just replaced the whole tranny. I would like $17,000 to just pay it off. That way I clear myself to get another used Jeep.

PM me if interested
Old 11-28-2010, 05:56 PM

[QUOTE=FrugalAudio;507418] Don't care for the two-tone interior either.

I found this odd too.

I even changed colors to get the red and black interior. It looks like the option interior in the ZR1 and keeps the SS interior from looking like a Enterprise LS interior.

Just the way I see it.
Old 11-28-2010, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by hyperv6

Keeps the SS interior from looking like a Enterprise LS interior.

Just the way I see it.
Maybe the Non-Performance Seats ! Can't quite understand why the Rear Seat is the same pattern from an LS to an SS, just different material ! Sure would be nice to have a Rear Seat that looked like the Fronts in the Performance Version !

To the OP we would highly recommend a low mileage un-modded vehicle like others have recommend! That way if any issues occur you have a better chance to remidy any future issues .....

Best-O-Luck ,
Old 11-28-2010, 08:37 PM

Guess I'm just the oddball not liking the red/black interior. Pretty sure it would make me crazy. I want the performance and practicality of the car but my tastes are pretty reserved regarding appearance.
I'm on board with the no mods/low mileage idea.
Not sure if I said it originally but I'm looking for a 5spd. Can't bring myself to drive an auto in a small car.
Old 11-28-2010, 09:56 PM

Just take your time and shop around and smart. Try and get as low a mileage SS as you can, and one that was not been mooded[as you can do that later as you wish].
I have a Black 09 SS, Black interior, Auto, that has lots of mods done. The interior[Black] with real carbon fibre dash kit, makes it look very classy and sports car like. I went with a auto, and with a Trifecta dual tune, it does the deal. Over 300 H.P., shifts fast[no lift] and is a match for any stick shift[my shifts are firmed up a bunch with the tune]. Trust me it's been tested up against plenty of V8's lately, and I have many pelts on the wall.
So bottom line, get you a SS, low miles, stock, if possible, and mod it the way you see fit. Thats part of the fun owning a SS. The other part is seeing the surprised look of faces, after you have shown them the door.
Go for it. "Moon"
Old 11-29-2010, 07:13 PM

FrugalAudio, Boy I'm glad you started this thread.
I am also on the hunt for a SS, and had the same wonderments.
This thread has helped a lot.

Good luck in your search
Old 11-29-2010, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by speedwagen
FrugalAudio, Boy I'm glad you started this thread.
I am also on the hunt for a SS, and had the same wonderments.
This thread has helped a lot.

Good luck in your search
Same to you! If I remember correctly there's a Silver '09 out near you.