HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

Turbo Tech Rear Sway Bar Review - HHR SS

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 08:14 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by bartSS
I just ordered my rear bar 2 mion ago and the front is next on the list. Then come the springs and its all gonna get installed once the snow is gone
Which springs are you going to go with?
Old 01-10-2010, 08:43 PM
Banned

Pedders
Old 01-10-2010, 09:22 PM

How much improment in handling do you get with the sway bar.
Old 01-11-2010, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by Sandmanse7en
How much improment in handling do you get with the sway bar.
Read XXL's post about the Sway Bar. My experience..... There is a 15MPH corner very near my house, I am not BSing here, I can take the inside corner and not break the tires very easiely at 45-50mph and the whole time the rear-view stays dead perpindicular to the road(older post, see pics). There is little to no rear roll at all(I don't work for TTR just a happy customer) This car has unbelievable under-steer almost as if the rear tires wern't there, so you can really hang it out there before you start to push through the corner instead of pulling and never worry about the ass end unless you want to pull the E-brake(then its anybody's guess where the back-end will go)
Overall, very happy....just hit it with some lock-tite and re-torque once in a while.
Old 01-11-2010, 08:04 PM

Just a little update, I installed the Eibach front sway bar last weekend and yes, it made a significant improvement. It seemed to balance the front/rear roll centers which I've been fighting ever since I put the TTR rear sway bar in.Based on the RPD G meter it pulls between .68-.70 Gs before you notice any body lean. Next step is the Pedders coil overs in the next couple of weeks and the "skid pad" test.
Old 01-11-2010, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by foolmoon_design
Read XXL's post about the Sway Bar. My experience..... There is a 15MPH corner very near my house, I am not BSing here, I can take the inside corner and not break the tires very easiely at 45-50mph and the whole time the rear-view stays dead perpindicular to the road(older post, see pics). There is little to no rear roll at all(I don't work for TTR just a happy customer) This car has unbelievable under-steer almost as if the rear tires wern't there, so you can really hang it out there before you start to push through the corner instead of pulling and never worry about the ass end unless you want to pull the E-brake(then its anybody's guess where the back-end will go)
Overall, very happy....just hit it with some lock-tite and re-torque once in a while.
Thanks brother.
Old 01-11-2010, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by bunkie
Just a little update, I installed the Eibach front sway bar last weekend and yes, it made a significant improvement. It seemed to balance the front/rear roll centers which I've been fighting ever since I put the TTR rear sway bar in.Based on the RPD G meter it pulls between .68-.70 Gs before you notice any body lean. Next step is the Pedders coil overs in the next couple of weeks and the "skid pad" test.
And to think way back when the rear bar made its first appearence here I went on and said about matching front and rear bars along with shocks and some people hemmed and hawed about Neuemburg and GM engineering and why mess with a good thing....well, here ya go..and check out Pedders skid pad results...some of us know what it takes to make a flat cornering car, and corner correctly....its called balance.
Thanks Bunkie, Ive been waiting for somebody to try this out other then a vendor whos trying to sell......
Geez, forgot to ask how the install went..how long? And any particular hints?

Last edited by IgottaWoody; 01-11-2010 at 11:18 PM.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:38 AM
Former Sponsor

Anyone want a Pedders group buy? Who would be interested if we picked up this product line?
Old 01-12-2010, 09:10 AM

Isn't it the same part# for the Cobalt SS/TC also as the HHR SS? If so, I'm sure between here and the cobalt SS forums you could get a group buy going. No way in heck the wife is letting me lower mine or I'd be in for a group buy. Good thing she can drive and likes 5 spd and performance

How long are the Rear sway bars going to be on sale?
Old 01-12-2010, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by IgottaWoody
And to think way back when the rear bar made its first appearence here I went on and said about matching front and rear bars along with shocks and some people hemmed and hawed about Neuemburg and GM engineering and why mess with a good thing....well, here ya go..and check out Pedders skid pad results...some of us know what it takes to make a flat cornering car, and corner correctly....its called balance.
Thanks Bunkie, Ive been waiting for somebody to try this out other then a vendor whos trying to sell......
Geez, forgot to ask how the install went..how long? And any particular hints?
The directions provided by Eibach are excellent.This install is possible without a lift but, I don't recommend it.Like anything, take your time and don't get discouraged( some of the bolts look impossible, like the rack & pinion) and you'll be finished in a couple hours. I took some pictures and will post the procedure from my view point as soon as I can.I'll suggest a couple hints that will speed up things a bit as well. Air tools are helpful too.

Quick Reply: Turbo Tech Rear Sway Bar Review - HHR SS