HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

Turbo Tech Rear Sway Bar Review - HHR SS

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 02:03 PM
Banned

I dont know if i wanna do the pedders coils since we cant lower it so the front wheel tucks the fender but if you do a group buy on the springs im all in. I feel that if i cant slam the **** out of the car that the coils arent worth it. Juss my 2 cents
Old 01-12-2010, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by bartSS
I dont know if i wanna do the pedders coils since we cant lower it so the front wheel tucks the fender but if you do a group buy on the springs im all in. I feel that if i cant slam the **** out of the car that the coils arent worth it. Juss my 2 cents
If performance is not an issue and you're just looking for the lowered look I'd suggest the goldline gen I springs. To me they lower the car more than anything else and still give a safe ride.
Old 01-12-2010, 05:42 PM
Banned

Yeah but if i get coilovers i want to tuck the front wheel into the fender which we cant do with our cars because of the sensor thats in the way
Old 01-12-2010, 09:08 PM

Impossible bolts...not in my book.. I do airplanes so we have the technology, er, well, at least many modified tools to get into anywhere,,,,,and we learn to double joint knuckles for the tight spots...and for them really bad one we call out the trunk monkey!!!
Thanks for the info Bunkie....I'll be trying out the Pedders non coil over springs this spring...now just gotta make up my mind about shocks...
Old 01-14-2010, 08:23 AM

So along with the F and R sways, what are the best spings to go with? I guess what I need is something that will work at the strip. My next tires are the Nitto Invo 245/40ZR-18 so I want the best for track and street
Old 01-14-2010, 08:28 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by camaro98z28
So along with the F and R sways, what are the best spings to go with? I guess what I need is something that will work at the strip. My next tires are the Nitto Invo 245/40ZR-18 so I want the best for track and street
Pedders! We just picked them up due to all the request we have had.
Old 01-14-2010, 09:07 AM
Banned

Aaron i will be picking up a set real soon just need a couple more checks haha. I just might place the order along with the front sway bar
Old 01-14-2010, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by IgottaWoody
Impossible bolts...not in my book.. I do airplanes so we have the technology, er, well, at least many modified tools to get into anywhere,,,,,and we learn to double joint knuckles for the tight spots...and for them really bad one we call out the trunk monkey!!!
Thanks for the info Bunkie....I'll be trying out the Pedders non coil over springs this spring...now just gotta make up my mind about shocks...
You made a good choice for springs, now, take a look at their shocks and struts. I'm sure you realize they have 30 clicks of adjustment on each corner and with #8 being stock(with SS suspension)and 30 being Go-Kart it opens up a whole new world. Good Bye torque steer,Good Bye rear compression for Drag racing and that combined with adjustable caster plates Hello twisty roads.Just a thought.
Old 01-14-2010, 09:49 AM
Banned

Yeah but you cant lower it so it has that mean ass look. I would love to do the coils but its just not worth it for the drop. I talked to Pete (owner of pedders) about this, being that what u see in the picture he has is the lowest it goes
Old 01-14-2010, 03:08 PM

My two cents on that "mean ass look".
There is such a thing as getting a car too low, and still have the good handling. You can run into all kinds of handling problems, if you really drop it down. There is a happy medium, about two inches max., anything lower you run into bump steer, bearing life, ect.
If you can't put the h.p. on the ground, then you're wasting it. Too low and car won't hook up as good.
There are ways to make a car look lower than it really is, such as fender extensions, adding a strip along the lower running boards, and a air dam on the front, with only a mild drop in suspension.
I'm goind for the "Mean ass look, but I'll use Pedders springs, and other little tricks to make it look lower. Just wait and see what iIhave up my sleeve, for my SS, that I have now named "4 PLAY". I'm working up some drawings, and looking around for parts, that can be adapted, to the look I want. "Moon"

Quick Reply: Turbo Tech Rear Sway Bar Review - HHR SS