HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

What was your price?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 09:15 PM

I went to that link and went through the build your own steps, using my zip, and below is what I came up with. A friend of mine, who owns a dealership back east, said he'd order it for me and drop ship it to my local dealer at the fleet/employee price, whatever was cheaper. I have no idea what that is, but the MSRP, after the incentives, doesn't seem that bad to start with.

Does anybody know the signifigance of 1SS? Is that a trim package? There were some free stripe options, but I couldn't find pictures anywhere.

YOUR COMPLETE VEHICLE
2008 HHR SS 1SS
Exterior:Silverstone Metallic
Interior:Ebony Premium Cloth With Ultralux Inserts (No black interior??)
MSRP:$22,995.00
Colors & Options:$840.00
Total MSRP*:$23,835.00 (Before Incentives)

YOUR TRIM
SS 1SS
* Audio System Feature: 6-speaker system
* Cargo Door Release: Inside remote button and key fob
* Console: Floor with rear and dual front cup holders
* Driver Information Center: Includes Oil Life Monitor
* Engine: ECOTEC Turbo 2.2L DOHC 16-valve 4-cylinder
* Seats: Front bucket with cloth, includes rear cargo area
* Suspension: Performance handling
* Theft-deterrent System: Vehicle, PASS-Key III+
* Tires: P225/45R18 all-season, blackwall
* Traction Control: All-season, full function
* Wheels: 18" (45.7 cm) forged, high-polished
* Wipers: Front intermittent, speed-sensitive

YOUR OPTIONS AND PACKAGES

96A - Single Silver Accent Stripe $0.00
* Air bags, , head curtain side-impact, front and rear outboard seating positions* $395.00
* Ari identifier
* Audio system feature, , Pioneer premium 7-speaker system, with amplified tweeters and rear subwoofer $295.00
* Audio system, , AM/FM stereo with CD player and MP3 playback, seek-and-scan, digital clock, auto-tone control, Radio Data System (RDS), automatic volume, TheftLock, auxiliary input jack and 36 cross-band presets $0.00
* Cargo mat, carpeted, rear$0.00
* Emissions override, , California $0.00
* Emissions override, , Federal $0.00
* Engine, , ECOTEC Turbo 2.0L DOHC 4-cylinder DI $0.00
* Remote vehicle starter system
* Side rails, , roof-mounted $150.00
* Transmission, , 5-speed manual
YOUR COLOR
Exterior:Silverstone Metallic
Interior:Ebony Premium Cloth With Ultralux Inserts
Old 01-17-2008, 09:37 PM

One option you might want to consider is the Limited Slip differential $495 MSRP, that is available when you go with the 5 speed. For some reason Chevy hasn't figured out that it's not on the web site as an option when you build one.
Old 01-17-2008, 09:45 PM

HHR SS - Blue Flash Metallic (the color is really growing on me daily!):
Options:
HHR SS......$22,375.00
BFM...........$295
Automatic..$1000
Sunroof......$750
All Airbags..$395
6 disc..........$295
XM radio......$200
roof rails......$150
sport seat...$95
destination.$620
TOTAL:.........$26,470

GM Supplier discount.... -$3,170.
SS rebate...................... -$1,000.
'Conquest Cash'........... -$1,000.

Price I'm paying before taxes, transfer reg, etc. = $21,300.00

I'm picking up the car next Tuesday or Wednesday. Then I'll be able to post my 'out the door' price.
Old 01-18-2008, 08:51 AM

I agree about the LSD. It will really help put the power down. If you like wheel
spin while you sit still, do not get the LSD. It is pricey but well worth it.

tf
Old 01-18-2008, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by PDW23
One option you might want to consider is the Limited Slip differential $495 MSRP, that is available when you go with the 5 speed. For some reason Chevy hasn't figured out that it's not on the web site as an option when you build one.
Thanks for making me aware of that. LSD seems to be a no brainer on the SS; it should be standard.
Old 01-18-2008, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by Tsaiko
Thanks for making me aware of that. LSD seems to be a no brainer on the SS; it should be standard.
I'm putting my order in tomorrow.. and it will definitely be with LSD.
Old 01-18-2008, 02:39 PM

Pricing

What are these supplier discounts? And Conquest cash? I checked a fully loaded SS in Silver with auto, no roof rails and the sticker is $25,930.00. The dealer would not budge from the sticker. I'm not paying sticker. I know it's a new vehicle, but they weren't even giving me what I wanted for my '06 HHR 2LT. It was like $2,000.00 less than what I wanted. The 3.9% and $1,000.00 loyalty helps, but I should not have to pay sticker.

88s1blazer, I belong to the Chicago Chapter of the Buick GS club, go to
www.chicagolandbuick.org and you can place your car there in an ad. The club is for all GS Buicks, Grand Nationals and Turbo Regal owners. I'm sure you will get some nibbles.
Old 01-18-2008, 05:34 PM

GMCard Bonus?

Our dealer claims they have just sold a couple of cars where the buyer got their GM Card discount credit bumped up to $2000, regardless of the actual balance. I have the GM Extended Family card and it offers a $500 add on (thru Jan 31st), but I can't find anything online regarding the regular GM card bonus. If you have a GM card, I suggest you call and ask.
Old 01-18-2008, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by midnightmikedj
What are these supplier discounts? And Conquest cash? I checked a fully loaded SS in Silver with auto, no roof rails and the sticker is $25,930.00. The dealer would not budge from the sticker. I'm not paying sticker. I know it's a new vehicle, but they weren't even giving me what I wanted for my '06 HHR 2LT. It was like $2,000.00 less than what I wanted. The 3.9% and $1,000.00 loyalty helps, but I should not have to pay sticker.

www.chicagolandbuick.org and you can place your car there in an ad. The club is for all GS Buicks, Grand Nationals and Turbo Regal owners. I'm sure you will get some nibbles.
GMS Discount applies to GM employees (or close affiliates), and is a non-negotiable price. GM partner pricing is for companies that are partners (less direct relationship), it is also non-negotiable, and pretty close to what a normal discount would be (advantage is no haggle, and possibly better pricing on new models like the SS), neither one can use 3% GM Card credit, but gets 1% instead. "Loyalty" discount offered right now is $1000 for '99 or newer GM owners, "Conquest" is $1000 off for non GM owners (yes *laugh* they are the same). For the proper trade in value, go to www.kbb.com. If your car is blemish free, it is worth "excellent" trade in value and don't let your dealer B.S. you that no trade in gets an "excellent" rating, but also be honest in evaluating your trade-in. If kbb trade in is not good enough for you, then sell it retail of course.
Old 01-18-2008, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by midnightmikedj

LOL, thanks, I will definately post it up on turbobuick and the MI GS club when done, its still a work in progress right now.

Quick Reply: What was your price?