HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

Whats it worth

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2011, 10:31 AM

Whats it worth

I haven't posted on here for some time but have enjoyed reading them. There are many views and opionions and this is mine. I have a 2008 HHR SS with the Perf. Upgrade, a Magnaflow Muffler and KN filter. I've driven it very hard for over 3,000 miles with no problems except a huge grin I can't shake. This is what I know about the HHR SS, it's very fast, no matter what else is out there, (considering it's only 2.0/120cubic inch) Gets great MPG, I get about 34 when driven normally. It's very rare, production has ended and the SS is only about 2% of the total HHR production. It's not seen everywhere like the Camaro's, Mustangs, Challengers, etc. , you get the point. It's practical for everyday driving. I went all the way to Virginia Beach from MA and never saw another HHR SS, I like that. As far as whether it will be a collectible in the future, I have a 64 Corvair Convt. and the first American Turbo Charged Car, the Chevy Corvair Spyder with a 150hp. Even with all the bad press the Corvair got back in the day, both of mine are worth much more then when they were new and I get more attention with my Corvairs then alot of the mainstream muscle cars, (although I do respect and enjoy them too) So now I have the first turbo Chevy made and their newest and fastest, it's a interesting combo. So lets enjoy our special HHR's, someday maybe not in my lifetime but someday they will be a prized possesion for those who like unique and individual performance cars. As a side note I have to change my info., I don't own the 62 Corvair wgn. anymore, (although I wish I never sold it)
Old 08-07-2011, 11:10 AM

you know what they say......beauty is in the eye of the beerholder

those that own one appreciate them, the others, frankly i could care less about. my girlfriend hates my ss and lucky for her...and me...she doesn't have to drive it. we all understand and thats all that matters. im not really worried about if it will be a collector car later on cause i will have driven it till the whells fall off well before that happens
Old 08-09-2011, 02:21 PM

My SS hauls arse while hauling my stuff, and gets decent mileage. There aren't many around, and NOBODY knew Chevy made an SS version of the HHR. My most recent conversation was with a Corvette owner who thought I stuck the badges on.
Old 08-09-2011, 02:59 PM
Premium Member

I took all the SS's off the out side, so I see a lot of head scratching, they wonder how that HHR did that ??

I added one to the inside.
Attached Images   
Old 08-09-2011, 08:59 PM

The 68 Corvair 4 speed , I was building a mid engine with a small block Chevy with a Kilmark adapter will take the HP of the small block.