HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

Why No WHITE SS?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 02:07 AM

Why No WHITE SS?

It probably have been covered in a few threads by now, but after reviewing/viewing HHRaz Pictures, it makes me want to order a HHR SS for myself.

I know there is other good colors, like Red/Black/Silver, I wanted a black one but living in Florida, it always rain and it would cause me to wash it almost everyday to keep it clean and it would show alot of scratches, I dont like the idea of that, Id get silver, but im not a silver car person.

Now Im trying to figure out why Chevy havent released a White SS lineup, because they sell alot of white hhr's lately, and im sure alot of other white hhr owners would trade up for a White SS.

Is there any contact or anything that i can contact chevrolet and ask them a few questions and get some answers and state why they would need to release a white ss.

Im dieing for a white one anytime.

I could always buy it in a diff color, and paint it white, but that would cause me alot of money to do this so i prefer a factory one.

edit -

photoshopped one of the pic.. of how it would look in white.. for those white hhr owners would be curious too. I think it looks sweet and would sell.

edit - another.

I got bored and decided to chop up a white ss with the original photoshoot. I know my photoshop skills sucks.

Last edited by HillsdaleHHR; 01-04-2008 at 07:46 AM. Reason: Reduced pic sizes
Old 01-04-2008, 06:36 AM

Looks good. I can't figure out any of those photo touch up programs. Guess it takes old dogs longer to learn new tricks. I don't like white since years ago they use to put oil/tar on the dirt roads to hold the dust down in the summer, my father had a white '60 Ford Falcon and what a mess to clean. Never liked white cars after that.
Old 01-04-2008, 09:00 AM

Why

I think the reason they arent making any white ones is because they are selling a lot of white ones. They also provide many white ones to fleets and rental places. In order to distinguish the SS from the regular one even more, it makes marketing sense.

Stephen
Old 01-04-2008, 09:13 AM

Thumbs up

The Photo Shop pics are very decent, better than I could have done.
I am a VERY happy '06 white owner,
and believe me, I am picky when it comes to choosing the perfect car for myself.
I studied the HHRs long & hard in every color, and for me the white was the best looking color available.
So to my world of WHITE FANS!!!
Old 01-04-2008, 09:13 AM

White, in general, isn't considered a sporty color.
Old 01-04-2008, 09:24 AM

Cool it just looks HOT...

Originally Posted by solman98
White, in general, isn't considered a sporty color.
I don't think anyone said it looks sporty, but it does look HOT! Of course we all have our own opinions, but when the white is detailed to the nines and the weather is fine, WOW!
Old 01-04-2008, 09:46 AM

If they made them in white they couldn't sell the red and black ones

Nice photoshop work!
Old 01-04-2008, 09:47 AM

In my opinion white is the best color for the SS I have seen yet!!!

Too bad they don't offer it.
Old 01-04-2008, 09:51 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by ymerej_mortsdnil
I don't think anyone said it looks sporty, but it does look HOT!
But the SS is supposed to be sporty hence the comment. I agree that white is generally a bad color for a sports car but I have seen many nice white Vettes and Stangs. It does seem kind of odd that they wouldn't offer the HHR SS in white. I know that you can get a new Impala SS in white because I know somebody that owns one so I don't think has anything to do with white not being sporty enough for an SS model.
Old 01-04-2008, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by ymerej_mortsdnil
I don't think anyone said it looks sporty, but it does look HOT! Of course we all have our own opinions, but when the white is detailed to the nines and the weather is fine, WOW!
When they are considering a color for a sports/performance version, they want sporty. Color choice is a very personal opinion. I've owned one, and will never own another one. Just too "vanilla" IMO. But to each their own.

Quick Reply: Why No WHITE SS?