HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

Why the SS Badges?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2010, 05:41 PM

Would love to have seen this "car enthusiast" face (or atleast I'll assume he was since he was at a car show) when he did Google it and found out he didn't know all he though he did.

disclaimer: this post goes against all rules set forth in my signature below
Old 08-22-2010, 08:12 PM

The vast majority will never realize it even with the badging on it. I was loading groceries in the SS the other day and the cart boy commented that I had a sweet ride and wondered if it was modified. Told him that it was completely stock other than the taillights. Granted I removed my badges long ago but with my personalized plate it shouldn't be too hard to decipher.
Old 08-22-2010, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by HillsdaleHHR
The vast majority will never realize it even with the badging on it. I was loading groceries in the SS the other day and the cart boy commented that I had a sweet ride and wondered if it was modified. Told him that it was completely stock other than the taillights. Granted I removed my badges long ago but with my personalized plate it shouldn't be too hard to decipher.
I too get told how people like what I did to my HHR. Externally it is stock. When I tell them I bought it this way they can't beleive GM made a car like that. Then When I tell them it has a 290 HP Factory tuned engine they are shocked.

Also I have jumped on it and had people then ask how did I do that. I told em Easy it was stock. Then I get a strange look like what?

Hey to be honest I like having something few know or understand. You can suprise a lot of people and you can keep a low cover with cops as they are not looking for fast HHR's.

I like a special car but I like it to not stand out like a guy at a ministers funneral dressed in feathers.
Old 08-22-2010, 10:40 PM

You mean a chicken outfit is a fashion failure? I love my little SS, even though the only outward sign of it is on the valve caps.
Old 01-17-2012, 02:53 AM

Originally Posted by moonsign
I'm glad that GM badged the HHR-SS, with the SS emblems. It's one of the few cars they have produced that deserves the SS emblems. Sets it apart from some [read most] of the utility vehicles, both American and Euro, out there.
Most people around here, can't identify with the SS, but that said, mine draws more attention that any of the many cars I've owned over the years[most all were tricked out, a lot]. A lot of the "heavy hitter" car guys I know and do work for, are noticing the SS now. They are impressed with the look that I ended up with, and after a little test ride, they are real impressed with the torque, and accelration, from the little four banger motor.
I personally like for people to see the SS emblems and the crossed flags on ole "4 Play", Lets them know, it ain't your grandmaws grocery getter, and means business.
Just when people are finding about the HHR-SS, GM pulls the plug. They could have sold more, if they had been smart.
Thats my story, and I'm sticking to it. "Moon"
Hey moon where did you get the crossed flag emblems they look sweet.
Old 01-17-2012, 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by foxtrotraptor
Hey moon where did you get the crossed flag emblems they look sweet.
Crossed flag reproductions car available many placed that sell Chevy Repo parts. Many Vette shops too.

Not GM has hinted they may return the crossed flags so you might be able to get a more modern one soon. Check out the fender on the 130 show car at Detroit.
Old 01-17-2012, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by Gas Man
I have had a few buds tell me to strip all my badges... but I like my SS badges. Hell I paid $4k extra for the badges and they thru in the turbo for free.
HA HA HA.... thats the old "sticker adds 50HP" Love it!
Old 01-18-2012, 02:19 AM
Premium Member

I took the SS's off for stealth, but after adding Trifecta, it really is super sporty, I had to put them back on.

Moon told me He took them crossflags off of His Impala SS, think He has been sporting them for a while now.
Old 01-18-2012, 06:22 AM

Chevy never advertised the HHR much, much less the SS. That's why so many don't know about it.
Old 01-21-2012, 01:04 PM

I have never seen a commercial for any HHR. And you never see an HHR or especially an HHR-SS on a Chevy dealers lot. You do see a lot of the HHR's on the road, and that's how I started to like their looks, then I found out about the SS. That's when I tracked one down and bought it. SCHWEEEEEET: my2cents:

Quick Reply: Why the SS Badges?