HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

Why the SS Badges?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by backinblackss
I have never seen a commercial for any HHR
I remember seeing ads for the HHR in the stadium at the 2005 MLB All Star Game in Detroit...I think they had ads hung on the foul poles. Did a quick search for pictures but nothing came up right away. Did find this though:

http://m.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Dai...As-Banner.aspx

Fox Sports “doesn’t think it crossed over any ethical lines” by having announcers Joe Buck and Tim McCarver “play dumb” about a handmade sign promoting the new Chevrolet HHR shown during last week’s MLB All-Star Game, according to BROADCASTING & CABLE. Fox cameras showed a banner in the outfield, bearing the Web address “HHRYA.com.” Buck “professed to be baffled by the message.” Buck said, “Tim will have to tell me what that means.” McCarver said, “I don’t know what that sign means, but ‘hooray’ is the first thing that comes to my mind.” The Web site is for Chevrolet’s HHR “crossover” vehicle, and a Fox spokesperson said, “It was an enhancement as part of a major multiple-unit in game buy. We saw it as a clever way for the sponsor to generate curiosity.”