HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

Wow, some dealers are giving away the SS now to clear them out.

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 02:49 PM

HHR SS Deals

I bought a used 2009 from a dealer with less than 10k and still under warranty for 16.5k. It was a manual that had the sunroof and brake / posi-traction option. I don't plan on selling mine for a good while.

All I can say is that so far I am really happy with my car.

One final thought, one way to get an idea how much the car is worth is to check auctions for your model on ebay. These cars are hard to find, and depending on how they are equipped they may be even harder to locate with the options you want. Maybe that can add to the price a bit!
Old 07-20-2010, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by chevyss
I bought a used 2009 from a dealer with less than 10k and still under warranty for 16.5k. It was a manual that had the sunroof and brake / posi-traction option. I don't plan on selling mine for a good while.

All I can say is that so far I am really happy with my car.

One final thought, one way to get an idea how much the car is worth is to check auctions for your model on ebay. These cars are hard to find, and depending on how they are equipped they may be even harder to locate with the options you want. Maybe that can add to the price a bit!
With this car I note the location is a big parts. While some as seeing 15K-16K I see 18K prices on 08's here with average miles.

Demand and supply by area is a big factor.
Old 07-20-2010, 06:59 PM

Wow, $21,500 is a good price! That is about what I paid for mine back in 08 and it had 3K miles on it. Go for it!

I drive mine in stop/go traffic on my 60 mile commute thru milw. and I have no prob with the manual trans. I love the sporty feel of driving a stick again after pulling my Firebird off the road. I would never trade it for a auto trans.
Old 07-21-2010, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by Rob T
I hate to say it, but that is typical for most GM cars.
I look at things differently. I buy vehicles to own, not to sell. I get my money's worth out of them by owning vehicles for at least 10 years or longer. I have 2 that I have owned for 23 years (an '87 Chevy Silverado 4x4 and an '87 Suzuki Samurai 4x4). My '00 Olds Bravada and '02 S10 4x4 are in pristine condition. Not worried about selling any of them nor would I want to. My son will probably be driving my HHR SS in 20 years. This resale crap is hype and most equate its value with popularity, not longevity.
Old 07-21-2010, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by 87silver
I look at things differently. I buy vehicles to own, not to sell. I get my money's worth out of them by owning vehicles for at least 10 years or longer. I have 2 that I have owned for 23 years (an '87 Chevy Silverado 4x4 and an '87 Suzuki Samurai 4x4). My '00 Olds Bravada and '02 S10 4x4 are in pristine condition. Not worried about selling any of them nor would I want to. My son will probably be driving my HHR SS in 20 years. This resale crap is hype and most equate its value with popularity, not longevity.
Good for you.

The problem is that most people do not keep cars as long as you do. Resale values *do* matter to many of us. Most GM vehicles do not have very good resale value. Call is crap, hype, and based on popularity, it doesn't matter....the resale value just isn't as good, regardless of the reason.

We all have to take that fact into consideration when purchasing a GM vehicle. I did, and I knew exactly what I was getting, and decided that it was worth it *to me*. That's all anyone can do.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:28 PM

I bought my '10 HHR used specifically because resale values on GM vehicles are weak. I love the car and intend on keeping it a long time. But even if I choose to sell it, someone else took the big hit financially.

Last edited by DesertMark; 07-26-2010 at 08:28 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-27-2010, 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by DesertMark
I bought my '10 HHR used specifically because resale values on GM vehicles are weak. I love the car and intend on keeping it a long time. But even if I choose to sell it, someone else took the big hit financially.
I agree completely.

If it wasn't for the fact that I had $3300 saved towards a new GM vehicle through my GM Credit Card, I would have bought a used one.
Old 07-27-2010, 06:51 AM

ditto
gm card, rebate, incentive, cash for clunkers, employee discount [no i dont work there] and i ended up with an 09 SS [including tax] under 20K out the door.
Old 07-27-2010, 07:42 AM

I used to turn over cars every 3-4 years when they started to need repairs and major maintenance items. Now I keep them as long as I can. My Avalanche is over 8 years old and my Grand Prix is 6 years old. I plan on keeping the SS pretty long, and possibly giving it to one of my daughters in the future. As such it has been a long time since I traded in a car so resale has not affected me lately. I used to take a beating when I was trading in cars every 3-4 years.
Old 07-27-2010, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by hyperv6
My 08 stickered almost $28K and I got it for under $22K.

It amazes my how so many people over pay for some cars.

The web has saved my a lot of money shopping around. I figure out a fair price and shop it around at the end of the month and usally get my price.
Just think if you had to buy in Canada where prices are higher. When you pay cash, it hurts even more, you see a $30k car turn into $20k overnight. Such bad investments they are.

Quick Reply: Wow, some dealers are giving away the SS now to clear them out.