Introductions Welcome! Please take a moment to say hello.

Finally posting

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 08:45 AM

Finally posting

I'm new to this site as far as posting goes. I've been following the site for some time now and am quite impressed with the knowledge and ingenuity of the posters here. I hope to learn a lot from everyone on this site.
I have a 2008 Black SS that I purchased new and since have added the Stage Kit for more HP. Pretty impressive for the amount of money spent. I really enjoy driving my SS and hope to keep it for a long time. The black is a real ***** to keep clean but sure looks nice when polished up. Since I live in North Dakota and the winters are terrible, I don't drive it from late November until spring when the snow finally melts. The first time out in the spring is a real adrenaline pump and I thoroughly enjoy it. This car was my early retirement gift to me. I still have a couple of years to go before I do the retirement thing but that's ok for now.
I do have a question though. Where can I get a good car cover for my HHR as I do park it for the winter in my garage? Thanks for the help and I hope I can be a part of this great HHR group here on the forum.
Old 09-06-2009, 08:48 AM

Name:  welcome4.gif
Views: 14
Size:  5.6 KB to the site!!! Agree with the black being a PITA to keep clean. That's why when I upgraded to the SS I went SOM.
Old 09-06-2009, 09:25 AM

Welcome from sunny SoCal!

And to the HHR familia!
GREAT color choice and worth the little extra to keep it shiny.

We like pix!

@ngelita & Sirius Blackie
Old 09-06-2009, 10:11 AM

Old 09-06-2009, 10:19 AM

I would post a picture but can't seem to figure out how to do it... I guess I'm getting older by the minute...
Old 09-06-2009, 10:39 AM
Founding Member

Welcome!

Here is a help thread on pictures!
https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/site-development-help-announcements-18/how-upload-add-pictures-your-post-old-3033/

Originally Posted by gcjabo
I would post a picture but can't seem to figure out how to do it... I guess I'm getting older by the minute...

Old 09-06-2009, 10:45 AM

Thanks for posting my pic of my SS. I guess age is a limiting factor here... lol

Last edited by gcjabo; 09-06-2009 at 11:02 AM. Reason: insert signature
Old 09-06-2009, 11:14 AM

Old 09-06-2009, 05:55 PM

Talking

... I really enjoy driving my SS and hope to keep it for a long time. The black is a real ***** to keep clean but sure looks nice when polished up. Since I live in North Dakota and the winters are terrible, I don't drive it from late November until spring when the snow finally melts. The first time out in the spring is a real adrenaline pump and I thoroughly enjoy it...
X2

I won't be driving the SS from the end of October till the end of April 2010... But since i've discovered and joined this web site, I'll have a nice group of people that will help me dissipate my SS lonelyness.
Old 09-07-2009, 05:45 PM

I'm new to this site as far as posting goes. I've been following the site for some time now and am quite impressed with the knowledge and ingenuity of the posters here. I hope to learn a lot from everyone on this site.
I have a 2008 Black SS that I purchased new and since have added the Stage Kit for more HP. Pretty impressive for the amount of money spent. I really enjoy driving my SS and hope to keep it for a long time. The black is a real ***** to keep clean but sure looks nice when polished up. Since I live in North Dakota and the winters are terrible, I don't drive it from late November until spring when the snow finally melts. The first time out in the spring is a real adrenaline pump and I thoroughly enjoy it. This car was my early retirement gift to me. I still have a couple of years to go before I do the retirement thing but that's ok for now.
I do have a question though. Where can I get a good car cover for my HHR as I do park it for the winter in my garage? Thanks for the help and I hope I can be a part of this great HHR group here on the forum.
I Guess everyone missed your question about the car cover. I always use California Car Cover for covers. They have a great selection for durability and price. Their phone # is (800) 423-5525 . Welcome to the group.

Quick Reply: Finally posting