Introductions Welcome! Please take a moment to say hello.

GM-Certified means Crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2012, 09:43 PM

GM-Certified means Crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I should have seen a red flag when I pulled out in front of a Semi tanker truck on one of my test drives.I still think the HHr is a good car but I dismissed a lot of reviews about blind spots.I have been a GM guy since my first 62 Pontiac Lemans at 16.I rented a HHR once and liked it. It was sporty,practical and good on gas.I also had a PT cruiser that I liked but it was starting to become unreliable and I had to get rid of it.But anyway I bought a 2011 white HHR 1LT from Ourisman Rockmont Chevrolet in Rockville Md.It was only 9 months old, 22 K miles, had been a rental, but was in great condition.It had a clean Carfax and was GM-certified.I paid a little more to get a low mileage , Gm-certified, 2011 HHR.I also liked the roof rack and running boards which you usually do not get on a rental.$12,900 plus tax and tags etc.After a couple of thousand miles I could not get used to the small windshield and blind spots.Every time I went into a right hand curve the rear view mirror blocked my view of the road...just thought it was unsafe and knew that I would not keep it long term.So off to Carmax.....I have sold them several cars in the past and usually do ok considering you will get wholesale.Well as I watched the guy do the survey I thought it was odd that he did not drive it.Well they pointed out that the car had paintwork on the front and rear.Carmax also showed me the Autocheck report that showed 2 accidents.I called Gm-certified and opened a case with them.The case worker was very rude and basically told me I was out of luck because GM did not sell me the car.So much for all of the peace of mind crap that they feed you on the GM-certified website.So it all comes down to this ....The Gm-certified good feeling is a bunch of crap,the Carfax is a bunch of crap,it does not show many accidents,and so much for the 172 point inspection.It is still buyer beware......Get a Autocheck and a Carfax , have your own body man and mechanic inspect a car before buying it.I took it back to the stealer and the used car manager inspected the car and told me that the car had all of the original paint but they would do what they could to make me happy.Well I ran as fast as I could because I did not want to get screwed twice.Long story short, I traded it on a new Ford Ranger. The Ford dealer gave me a decent price I think,and did not seem too concerned about the two accidents,they dont use Carfax because they think it is unreliable.I try to avoid any Car Dealers whenever possible,they always seem to screw up if given the chance.I went by the Ford dealer to see where the HHr was. I found it on the Wholesale lot. Even they dont want to keep it.And btw the HHr was showroom clean, showed great and only had 24 K.I am sure that a lot of people have a story like this one, I hope that maybe this helps someone in the future....I am not bashing the HHR,I really wanted to like it...Like I said Buyer beware...P.S. I still have two Pontiac Sunfires, both over 100 K and run great,also a Fiero GT and a Suzuki XL7 that is mostly GM...no problems from any of them,I hope the Ranger turns out OK....Well for however short ... I enjoyed the forum...Thanks,Steve
Old 01-01-2012, 10:09 PM
Premium Member

Steve, Welcome to the site, hope you enjoy the ford, and you should consider giving up the drugs, what ever you are smoking does not agree with you.
Old 01-01-2012, 10:56 PM

WOW that was a big first post. where were you when you liked the car.
Old 01-01-2012, 11:15 PM

What in the hell ever happened to paragraphs? I'm out of breath.
Old 01-01-2012, 11:24 PM
Deceased

Sorry you had such a bad apple of an HHR, so I guess this is to the forum and goodbye at the same time.

Unfortunately you can't rely on CarFax alone, gotta use your "nose" for the lack of a better word, research and research more before signing on the bottom line.
Old 01-02-2012, 12:23 AM
geg

Originally Posted by 843de
Sorry you had such a bad apple of an HHR, so I guess this is to the forum and goodbye at the same time.

Unfortunately you can't rely on CarFax alone, gotta use your "nose" for the lack of a better word, research and research more before signing on the bottom line.
Unfortunately, it's true.
My HHR had a virgin Carfax and amateurish repair traces on the muzzle. Not just a scratch, a serious blow and warp underhood space.
Old 01-02-2012, 07:03 AM

That is why I like to buy a new car. Any low mileage "used car", I always wonder why it is on the market. Was it a rental, a beat car, a repaired wrecked car, someone bought a car and could no longer afford it or did not take care of it?
Old 01-02-2012, 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by WHITE2011HHR
It is still buyer beware......Get a Autocheck and a Carfax , have your own body man and mechanic inspect a car before buying it.
Well if you know that, then the purpose of the post would be just...what...a personal rant/vent?? We seem to have a few instances of that popping up here lately.....
Old 01-02-2012, 12:28 PM
Founding Member

I guess we should have an Introduction/I'm gone forum, for one time posters. I see no further use in this thread.

One mans crap is another mans gold.

Bye Steve.

Last edited by ChevyMgr; 01-02-2012 at 03:54 PM.