Introductions Welcome! Please take a moment to say hello.

Greetings from South Jersey

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 01:49 AM

Greetings from South Jersey

Hey folks,

I just wanted to say hello and take the time to introduce myself. My name is Rick, I'm from Atlantic County, and I just bought my new-to-me '07 HHR 2LT in white with the 2.4 and in stick from Hawthorne Chevrolet about 12 hours ago. They were nice enough to come to me both times; once when I checked the car out and the second when I signed the papers. They're up at Exit 160 off the GSP and I'm at 40 so that helped me out a lot.

It's with mixed emotions that I join this group as I had to part with my previous car to get this one. I sold it before its time as I was looking to lower my monthly payments to help offset a mortgage that I'll be soon undertaking. My car was a 2008 polar white Sky Redline, also in a stick, with the GM Performance Parts Turbo Upgrade Kit.

Ahh, c'est la vie! Nonetheless I'm still looking forward to spending many-o-years with my HHR! I love that cyan backlit interior, the kickn' sound system, the heated seats, removing a part of my roof with just a push of a button, the wonderfully executed design of retro & modern and last but not least having more than 5.5cu.ft. of trunk space!

Again, hello and thank you for having me here. I look forward to getting to know some of ya folks!
Old 10-14-2009, 02:17 AM

Welcome from sunny SoCal!

And to the HHR Familia!
You will love this car and all the great folks on here.

And we like pix!

@ngelita & Sirius Blackie
Old 10-14-2009, 05:36 AM

Cool

Welcome, from sunny FLA........
Old 10-14-2009, 07:41 AM

Name:  welcome4.gif
Views: 31
Size:  5.6 KB to the site!!! I understand how you feel about moving from the Sky to the HHR. A couple of years ago when I lost my job I decided to do the same thing and traded in my Crossfire for a black HHR 1LT. I definitely missed the looks of the Crossfire but the HHR got around much better in the snow and had the capacity for cargo.
Old 10-14-2009, 08:57 AM

Hey, welcome! Man, that Sky was bad to the bone. That would be a tough one to get over. Just curious: did you post to any kind of "sky" forum?
Old 10-14-2009, 01:07 PM

Welcome!
Old 10-14-2009, 02:52 PM

Welcome to our hangout Rick, from a former S. Jersey resident. I'm from Indian Mills originally, just north of Hammonton, off 206. I'm feeling for ya having to give up the Sky, but at least it was for a good reason.
Old 10-14-2009, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by afs9
And to the HHR Familia!
You will love this car and all the great folks on here.

And we like pix!

@ngelita & Sirius Blackie
I only have dinky cellphone pictures at this time. I'll have some real shots of my car within a couple of days I'm sure!

Originally Posted by HillsdaleHHR
to the site!!! I understand how you feel about moving from the Sky to the HHR. A couple of years ago when I lost my job I decided to do the same thing and traded in my Crossfire for a black HHR 1LT. I definitely missed the looks of the Crossfire but the HHR got around much better in the snow and had the capacity for cargo.
Yea I'm definitely loving the conveniences and practicalities of this car but 290hp and 340ft-lbs does have a way of spoiling people too, haha. Oddly enough I'm not missing the car as much as I thought I would though believe it or not. It must be because I moved into a car worth just as much devotion and praise as the last one

Originally Posted by HHR_style
Hey, welcome! Man, that Sky was bad to the bone. That would be a tough one to get over. Just curious: did you post to any kind of "sky" forum?
Yessir. I posted on a Sky forum as well as an S2000 forum as I have a couple of buddies with them and I often rendezvoused with that group for a little mischief. Before that, I had an NB (2nd Gen) Miata and I posted on a Miata forum then as well.

Originally Posted by Mike B.
Welcome!
Thanks and congratulations on winning Car of the Month, your car looks spectacular!

Originally Posted by Ratracer

Welcome to our hangout Rick, from a former S. Jersey resident. I'm from Indian Mills originally, just north of Hammonton, off 206. I'm feeling for ya having to give up the Sky, but at least it was for a good reason.
Oh awesome; it's neat to meet people from around the area even if they're not anymore! I have family in Browns Mills and East Hampton (right next to Mount Holly) so I'm kind of familiar with the area.

And to everyone else thank you very much for welcoming me! I'm already quite impressed with the character of the folks on here.
Old 10-15-2009, 10:52 AM

to the Site