Introductions Welcome! Please take a moment to say hello.

Hello everyone! This my first post!

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2015, 03:02 PM
Administrator

You get the window seat Don!
Old 05-16-2015, 05:02 PM

The guys at the auto parts store gave me a "we're so sorry..." but would offer no further diagnosis. So I left (in my daughter's car because mine is immobile) but it occurred to me there may be a less complex solution.

When it stops raining I think I will check the fuses and relays, as per Oldblue and donbrew's suggestions. Otherwise, AAA will be towing it to the dealer because I have the ignition recall
appointment and while they have it I will ask them to go ahead and diagnose the problem AND make the repairs since the electrical problems seem to have been exacerbated by the ignition switch.

Whopper, thanks for the videos! I saw them last night and thought that might be a bit much. I'm tired of messing around, this ain't the 72 Chevelle from my youth! I'm sending it to the service center and saying "fix it."

If I were to attempt the repair myself I think it might pay to approach the alternator from underneath by taking off the inner fender well after lifting the car and removing the wheel.

Taking off a motor mount? Maybe with the 85 300SD because that car is for play. The HHR is my everyday baby. I refuse to inflict anymore pain on her.
Old 05-16-2015, 05:35 PM

The motor mount is absolutely no big deal. Just put a Jack and 2x4 under the oil an and 4 or 5 bolts. The 2 trans mounts do most of the work.
Old 05-16-2015, 06:11 PM

Welcome LarryBnDC !

bout the same mileage on mine .

good luck with getting it squared away.