Introductions Welcome! Please take a moment to say hello.

Hello, Fellow HHR Affectionados!

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2013, 11:46 AM

Hello, Fellow HHR Affectionados!

I'm so glad to have found this forum and look forward to discussing the HHR with all of you.

I currently own a 2008 LT which has about 50,000 miles on it - I bought my first HHR in 2006 (the 2006 was totaled in a crash but which may have saved my life due to the way the body was engineered to respond to the impact).

I really love the HHR (despite some of its flaws), so after my first one was totaled, I had no desire to look for another model and replaced it ASAP.

The recent impetus for me spending any time on the Internet re the HHR (which led me to finding this forum) is that my husband and I were discussing whether or not it would be prudent to replace my 2008 with a newer car, and I'd naively assumed that I could just go out and replace my 2008 HHR with a new model whenever I chose. As you all know, research on that topic quickly revealed the HHR ceased to be manufactured in 2011.

So what's an HHR-Loving-Gal to do? My first impulse was to see if anything comparably stylish is slated to replace it (as you know, the answer is NO), then to look for car design by Bryan Nesbitt coming through any other manufacturers (I can't find anything, can you?).

So my current plan is to take the car to service and baby it to the max so I can enjoy the heck out of it as long as it's in reliable working condition?; maybe fix a few dings, even trick it out with a cool two-tone retro paint job? In that regard, I've read (but not yet experienced) comments re transmission trouble on this model, so I'm a bit leery of spending much $ on superficial details if the guts are going to become a problem...

Thank you for reading my Intro!
-Debora

Intro Trivia: I chose my first HHR for the styling and hauling capability (at the time I was a costumer for local theater, hauling bolts of fabric, and along with everything else I liked about the HHR, the front passenger fold-down seat was perfect for me to be able to haul lengthy items). At the time of making this decision, I was a little torn between the HHR and the PT Cruiser, and the deciding factors were (1) on the plus side for the HHR, we brought some friends to the test drive and I was very impressed at how comfortable 3 adults were in the back seat what, from the outside, seems to be such a compact vehicle, and, (2) when I told my husband how cool it was that I could remove the back seats of the Cruiser and leave them in the garage during my LA Fabric District shopping trips, I still remember the look on his face and knew instantly that as far as he was concerned, THAT unwelcome addition to his garage was the death knell for the Cruiser (lol) and the decision was final in favor of the HHR!
Old 08-11-2013, 12:04 PM

Debora, WELCOME to the group! Glad to hear your first HHR help to save your life in the crash! As you have read there is ton's of info and a lot of people to help! FYI there are several female HHR owner's on site as well !

If you or your husband have any question Ask away,, Also the Maintains section offer tons of info as well as the mod section! Also the search box helps to find some things but it is not the greatest thing either lol.
Best of luck

Rich
Old 08-11-2013, 02:35 PM
Platinum Member

Welcome to the site.
Old 08-11-2013, 02:40 PM
Premium Member

Welcome !!!!
Old 08-11-2013, 05:17 PM

Congrats!!!

Welcome to the neighborhood! There is a wealth of information to be discovered here. You'll enjoy it!!!

Marlea Wilson
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 08-11-2013, 11:24 PM
Deceased

to the forum Debora!
Old 08-13-2013, 07:55 AM

Thank you all for the warm welcome and the tips on using the site!

-Debora
Old 08-13-2013, 09:10 AM

Welcome to the site! I haven't been coming here long but feel I have met people who are so kind, helpful, friendly, and fun to converse with that I already feel like many of them are friends! If you ever have a question, ask away and these kind folks will be eager to help.
Old 08-13-2013, 02:29 PM

Welcome from Jersey!!!!
Old 08-19-2013, 06:26 PM

Thank you!!!

Quick Reply: Hello, Fellow HHR Affectionados!