Introductions Welcome! Please take a moment to say hello.

HHR Panel WANNABE Owner(Black)

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 11:15 PM
Rest In Peace

HHR Panel WANNABE Owner(Black)

Hello everyone.

Bear with me here as I tend to get long winded. lol

My Quest started Several years ago at the Chicago Auto Show.

Chrysler had the PT Cruiser as a "concept car" there, and I liked the look of it alot. Thought wow I WANT one, then it actually came out the following year.

Problem was it wasn't Big enough for me to use as my daily work Truck, And, it was NOT a Chevy.

I am and always will be a Chevy Man.

I have owned Many Chevrolets over the years (the beater 67 Camaro Rag Top was a BAD choice to sell as a young man.)
My work vans have been Chevy Astreos with the 4.3 Vortec V-6 engines to carry all my Tools from jobsite to jobsite.

I currenly own 3 Chevys a Black 2003 Venture Warner Bros. Edition that we bought New, a Navy/Silver 2000 Astro bought used, and my Baby, a 1955 Chevrolet Bel Air 2 Door Hardtop Two Toned Gypsy Red and Shoreline Beige that I have had since I was in High School (I'm almost 50 now), restored as a Nice daily driver and now once again tore down for a Complete frame off restoration, it is about half way done.

V-8 all original still with Only 71,800 miles on her.

I had thought the 4 banger and it's size(the PT Cruiser) was too small for my needs and Wished Hoped Prayed Chevy would come out with something Retro and Better as I am a Chevy Man I couldn't bring myself to buy a Chrysler anyways.

Then the HHR came out, I liked the look and also did not like the look. And I am Not a fan of 4 cylinders, still wanting at minimun a V-6 in the HHR.

Liked the Retro styling, I do Not like the Tail Lights AT ALL.

I wish the front and rear fenders were Rounder without the chrisp body line in them.

And I wish the Bumpers were seperated more like older cars and not just large molded rubber front and rear.

I am Saddened that the HHR SS has been dropped I WANTED one in BLACK and a PANEL, NEW.

Now I am looking to replace my 2000 Astro so I come back to looking at the HHR again, still no V-6 and still the tail lights I just Don't like on it.

THEN, I find this site and it was a thread about putting a REAR SEAT in the Panel Version, Wow I never even thought they would Not have a rear seat!

But I see that IS Fixable.

Then I do a google search for HHR Accessories and my god what do I see?

1955 Chevy Tail Light / Quarter Panel Mod that I can buy and Add.
I AM IN LOVE with the Look of the HHR with them on and am going to order them up even Before I own a HHR so I am sure to have a set to bolt on the day MY HHR Black Panel is bought.

I was injured on the job a few years ago and can't return to my former Trade so I will no longer be hauling tools from jobsite to jobsite so I will live with the 4 banger.

Once the work injury thing is finally all settled my future HHR Panel will be -

BLACK
BLACK Interior
1955 Chevy Tail Lights conversion
Rear Seat and seat belts
HHR SS Front and Rear Bumpers (I like that they don't have those square knobby looking pieces on the SS bumpers)
CHROME- Add it were I can I Love Black and Chrome.
Running Boards if the one I get don't have them on already

"Bel Air" Emblems

55 Chevy Hood Ornament (IF it looks and fits well on the HHR) I will take one I have remove the studs and see how it looks on there.

I want OLD SCHOOL DEEP DISH Rims and Wide Tires with Raised White Lettering. Remember Rims like the Crager SS? We'd put those on with 50's and DEEP Dish.
I HATE todays rims and tires, HUGE rim with no depth and rubber bands placed on them as tires. (No offence meant, I'm OLD School.)

So for now, until my case is fully settled, I will be buying the Mods I know for sure I want on my future HHR.
Not sure if I will buy a new or used HHR Panel, but it WILL be a Black Panel.

I will be ordering up the Chevy HHR 55 Chevy Tail light conversions this week to have at the Ready. ( I Don't want to wait and later find out they are no longer available.)

Thanks for Reading my post and I can't wait to Own A Black HHR Panel.
Old 06-15-2010, 11:21 PM
jx3

Name:  welcome-1-1.gif
Views: 68
Size:  38.2 KB

If you are thinking about going used, you just might find the black SS panel you are looking for. Good luck on your quest for your HHR.
Old 06-15-2010, 11:38 PM
Rest In Peace

Thanks for the welcome.

I am sure I would find a used one if I decide I MUST have the SS.

I stopped at the local chevy dealer yesterday and they had a 2010 Black Panel with Black interior but no sunroof, not even sure if the sunroof matters much to me.

In the winter I run the heater and in ther spring summer and fall I run the AC full blast. lol I never drive with the windows down.

I also must wait until this comp case is Finally settled, a few surgeries and 5 years going so far.

I am going to order up the Chevy HHR 55 Chevy Tail light conversions in the morning, I WANT THOSE on my HHR.
Old 06-16-2010, 12:22 AM
Platinum Member

Talking

Welcome.... Hope things work out like you want.. Quite a few Panel owners here as members !!! This pic is from 07 SEMA

sleeper 08 Panel 2LT
Attached Images  
Old 06-16-2010, 12:45 AM

Welcome!!! these are the rims I found for my black HHR, closest to the old cragars I could find that worked.

Old 06-16-2010, 01:18 AM

Black SS panel on ebay:
https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/general-hhr-4/ss-panel-sale-ebay-30201/
Old 06-16-2010, 04:41 AM

Welcome to our Family time. °o°
Hope you get your HHR soon.
Old 06-16-2010, 06:27 AM

Name:  welcome4.gif
Views: 66
Size:  5.6 KB. Hope you are able to find exactly what you are looking for
Old 06-16-2010, 06:30 AM

Welcome to the black and chrome HHR club, The "Bullitt" wheels above are about as close as you will get to the Cragar s/s wheels. I just picked up a used set of euromax 612 but they are discontinued (in chrome) for the same look with no mods (Bullitt wheels need to be re-drilled) An actual "Deep Dish" you can't do on a front wheel drive car, unfortunately........

Hey! I like the stock HHR tail lights....... Wish it had round headlights though....
Old 06-16-2010, 10:13 AM

Deep dish rims are OUT!. You can't put them on FWD vehicles. unless you can find a way to turn them around backwards.
Also raised white letter tires get REAL hard to find above 15", there just isn't as much room on the sidewalls anymore.

Quick Reply: HHR Panel WANNABE Owner(Black)