Introductions Welcome! Please take a moment to say hello.

HHR Panel WANNABE Owner(Black)

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 10:14 AM

PS

As much as you like the 55 tail lights, I'd like to see a conversion to round headlights in the front, more like the 49 Suburban
Old 06-16-2010, 10:19 AM

Nothing like having a dream and a vision. I just think you will be disappointed with what you will end up with.

But, good luck with it.
Old 06-16-2010, 11:29 AM

Wow, way to crush a soul....

Sounds like he has a plan together, and other than the deep dish wheels (Which could be done on the rear to a degree) I see no reason why he wouldn't be happy with his project when finished.
Old 06-16-2010, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by mongo
Wow, way to crush a soul....

Sounds like he has a plan together, and other than the deep dish wheels (Which could be done on the rear to a degree) I see no reason why he wouldn't be happy with his project when finished.
I just don't see how he is going to be able to combine what he wants for the results he wants.
Old 06-16-2010, 12:44 PM
Platinum Member

Raised White Letter tires

Well, they still make tire paint sticks, so you could color your own lettering for next to nothing in cost..
Old 06-16-2010, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by solman98
I just don't see how he is going to be able to combine what he wants for the results he wants.
It's all in talent, either having or having the money to pay for it....
Old 06-16-2010, 03:08 PM
Rest In Peace

Thanks everyone.

I Can't buy a HHR just yet, Not until a case I have ongoing Finally Settles.

I have No idea when that will actually happen.

I was a body and fender man/auto painter for 12 years in my Younger days, so paint and Custom Mods are not new to me.

If you can Dream it, you Can Do it.

Once I do have a HHR, how far will I take it all depends on life in general and Cash on hand. lol

Nice looking rims on your HHR they do sorta remind me of the old style Cragar SS's.

I understand the front wheel drive Limitations when it comes to wheels, but as pointed out that size rim up front and a Deeper pair for the Rear would work for me, heck thats how we all did our cars back in the day.

60's or 70's up front and 60's or 50's on the rear.

I also like the idea of Round old school headlights up front and once I actually own a HHR Panel I will look into that further, I do have a few ideas to accomplish that heavy duty mod. Looks as though the rubber bumper would need to be cut and the fenders extended, to bring the seam down lower. Then you could tackle Molding in some fender headlight parts.

ALOT of design and fabricating time and just plain old fashioned Work, but it Could be done.
Not sure if I would do it or not, but I will see what it would take, wont know until I could tear the front end off and see.

I am trying to Order up the HHR 55 Chevy Tail light conversions from hhrboutique.com right now but got a woman shopping in walmart she said try calling back as the phones route to their cel;ls if not answered and I hasve called back 3 times without an answer.

Has anyone delt with them? Do they run any sales or Discounts for members here?

Thanks
Old 06-16-2010, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by American & Proud

I am trying to Order up the HHR 55 Chevy Tail light conversions from hhrboutique.com right now but got a woman shopping in walmart she said try calling back as the phones route to their cel;ls if not answered and I hasve called back 3 times without an answer.

Has anyone delt with them? Do they run any sales or Discounts for members here?
The lady you talked to most likely was Linda. Her and her husband (Bill) are a supporting vendor of this site and a link to their webpage can be found here: Supporting Vendor Index
Old 06-17-2010, 05:49 PM
Rest In Peace

Originally Posted by HillsdaleHHR
The lady you talked to most likely was Linda. Her and her husband (Bill) are a supporting vendor of this site and a link to their webpage can be found here: Supporting Vendor Index
Do they ever run SALES?

I noticed other "supporting vendors" seem to run sales and all I saw for them was product announcements without any Discounts offered.

Do forum members recieve a Discount from them?