Introductions Welcome! Please take a moment to say hello.

Hi!

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 01:01 PM

Hi!

Hi all

Not sure how active this forum is since this car's discontinued, but I recently bought a HHR last Saturday. 2009 2LT, M/T. I love it!

I used to own a Honda fit, but it got totalled. I had loved it...I didn't have the funds to get another car t the time, so I got a 2000 V6 mustang, which I had a love/hate relationship. In the meantime I looked at new Cruze Ecos, new Mustangs, spark, fiat, dart. Eventually I figured a used car is better for me. I wanted a cube, but none of them are old enough to fall in my price range. Eventually I started digging the HHR's looks and functionality. So I looked long and hard (especially for a stick shift) and found a few, and this one worked for me!

I'm very happy. The HHR is almost like an "all of the above" in relation to all the cars I cross shopped. It's retro, it's fast enough, it's useful, it's peppy, well equipped, it drives really nice in the SF commute. I'm so happy I can't describe it!!!
Old 04-08-2013, 01:40 PM

One thing I want to add. I used to not "get" this car when it came out. But after resaerching it the past few months, I realized this car was ahead of its time and many people did not know they want this car, including me. If GM gave this car a few more years chance, it may have been mroe successful sales wise.

This car came out at a time when people looking for compacts are looking for Japanese cars and when people did not associate "American" with "compact" yet. This car was totally excluded in all the comparisons with Versa, caliber, Fit, Yaris. When I was researching for compacts, where I eventually settled for the Fit in April 2006, this car never even came in my radar.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:50 PM
Premium Member

welcome to the site and enjoy the hhr :)
Old 04-08-2013, 02:50 PM
Platinum Member

Welcome to the site.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:56 PM
Premium Member

Welcome aboard
Old 04-08-2013, 06:39 PM

Hhr

Welcome and welcome back to Domestic cars. In my opinion the HHR is a collector car of the future. Not quite like the first Mustangs and Camaros but always be a popular hot-rodable car. Even now you can buy many after-markets mods. Check mine out.

Boydie

Originally Posted by Gordio
Hi all

Not sure how active this forum is since this car's discontinued, but I recently bought a HHR last Saturday. 2009 2LT, M/T. I love it!

I used to own a Honda fit, but it got totalled. I had loved it...I didn't have the funds to get another car t the time, so I got a 2000 V6 mustang, which I had a love/hate relationship. In the meantime I looked at new Cruze Ecos, new Mustangs, spark, fiat, dart. Eventually I figured a used car is better for me. I wanted a cube, but none of them are old enough to fall in my price range. Eventually I started digging the HHR's looks and functionality. So I looked long and hard (especially for a stick shift) and found a few, and this one worked for me!

I'm very happy. The HHR is almost like an "all of the above" in relation to all the cars I cross shopped. It's retro, it's fast enough, it's useful, it's peppy, well equipped, it drives really nice in the SF commute. I'm so happy I can't describe it!!!
Old 04-08-2013, 11:04 PM

Welcome to the forum.
Old 04-09-2013, 02:37 AM

Thanks!

I love this car a LOT. This definitely was definitely the best car I could have gotten to meet my needs and tastes.

The only thing that sucks about this car I might stay in love with this car, and when it gets old and I need a replacement, I won't know what to get : [ It really sucks this car is discontinued. But it does make the current existing cars out there more special.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:36 AM

Thumbs up

Congrats on the new Ride! This forums is VERY active TONs of great advice and even have some Chevy Reps to chat with.. Warning though do not look at the photo albums as you will see mods you will have to do :)
Good luck!
Old 04-09-2013, 10:48 AM
Deceased

to the forum, and "Hi" right back at ya!