Introductions Welcome! Please take a moment to say hello.

Hi Gang- bought a 38K miles, GM certified LS

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2014, 04:13 PM

Hi Gang- bought a 38K miles, GM certified LS

I discovered last week how many nice HHRs are for sale in Florida and found my car at a Chevy dealer in my city. I bought it before they'd even finished detailing it. I spent all weekend checking prices and calling dealers .The Carguru website told me what a good
deal was. This one got traded in Saturday.
My new ride is a silver 2009 LS , 38,000 miles. I got it for $10,000 plus taxes and $350 dealer fees. The GM certified 12000 miles/12mo bumper2bumper warranty is included- oh , and 2years of oil changes, tire rotations. I reckon its a snowbirds car that was used only in the winter.
Me- I am retired from Chrysler (2008) and I have wanted an HHR since they first came out. I hope my deal was a good one. My first car was a 54 Chevy- my family only drove Chevys.
Mark
Old 08-26-2014, 05:04 PM
Platinum Member

Welcome Mark. Dang, that HHR is hardly broken in! Sounds like you got a great deal, along with the warranty etc..

Have a look around the site here - hopefully you will find something interesting to read, and some helpful tips. If you are looking for a specific item, such as a downloadable version of the Owners Manual, give the SEARCH TOOL at the top of the page a try.

ie: doing a search for "owners manual" (without the quotes) will quickly bring up a series of links that will lead you a pdf version of your owners manual.
Old 08-26-2014, 05:45 PM
Administrator

Welcome to the site!
Old 08-26-2014, 06:20 PM
Platinum Member

Welcome to the site.
Old 08-26-2014, 07:44 PM

Thanks all!
I sold my well used Ford F-150 to Carmax on Saturday- it only had 239,000 miles on it. I'm hoping I get 250,000 miles outta my HHR- of course, I'll have to drive it for another 20 years. I hope this forum is still here when I'm 84. :-) Like I said, I retired from Chrysler, and I test drove the HHR in 2006, when I was still working and thought it was a way better car than the boat anchor PT Cruiser we were making. There isn't much demand for a PT Cruiser with 100,000 miles on it, either.
I'm really old school- Back in 1968 I overhauled the 283 in a 55 Chevy Sedan Delivery and drove it all over- this the car that fathers wouldn't let me take their daughters out on dates in- I wonder why? Now you know why I wanted an HHR! I was 19 years old and I should have parked that car in a barn up on blocks.

I am looking to order for a trailer hitch right now- are they all the same quality?
Old 08-26-2014, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by Oldblue
Always Keep it clean and drive it often, and take a kid to a car show and start their passion for cars!!!!
I have a car club down the road that meets every Friday- the Hot Chili Rods. Would you believe I have a 15 year old daughter to take with me to a car show? She has her learner's permit and Dad is taking her out in his HHR this weekend.
All of a sudden, she is interested in cars. I told her this summer on vacation-"I can't wait until you start driving, then I can sit in the backseat and play with my iPad." haha
Old 08-28-2014, 12:58 AM
Deceased

aboard!
Old 08-30-2014, 12:00 PM

The dealer finished my HHR yesterday and after lunch the papers were ready to sign. A retired Chevy guy down the street looked at it and his wife said, "it looks almost brand new"- they loved it. My wife is ambivalent about the styling, but she does think it has a nice ride.
The Onstar has a red light and won't activate, so I will have to go back to the dealer. I suppose the module battery is kaput and has to be replaced. Good thing I have the certified bumper 2 bumper warranty.
Next job is installing a hitch so I can pull my boat trailer.
XM satellite radio is active- did I get a free trial?
Old 08-30-2014, 12:06 PM
Banned

Welcome! Sounds like a sweet little Rod you got there.

It is likely that with the purchase they threw in a 1-3 month XM 'Trial' that they will hound you to renew later.

OR

The previous owner had it on there, and they didn't have a chance to deactivate it, and you still got it.

Either way WOOO XM!

Old 08-30-2014, 12:59 PM

Thanks for the tip L-Dog. I'll know by thanksgiving if it was a 3 month free tria
l or not. I am thinking the owner was a little infirm, as the drivers bottom rubber weather strip is heavily worn and has a crack in it- like the owner didn't lift his foot over the edge- he drug it across. They traded it in on a new Equinox, which sits up higher and is a tad easier to get in a out of.
My 15 yr old daughter drove it for 10 miles today- she did good and thinks it is easier to drive than her mom's Fiat 500.

Last edited by benkhanobe; 08-30-2014 at 02:17 PM.

Quick Reply: Hi Gang- bought a 38K miles, GM certified LS