Introductions Welcome! Please take a moment to say hello.

Love my free 2010 HHR

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 06:21 PM

[QUOTE=DirtyJim;465624] I try to do as little work as possible anyway.

Jim

I think I would have blacked out the plate #`s with that comment.
Old 05-17-2010, 06:36 PM

Haha...I'm the only tech in the Williamsburg area so they wouldn't have to think very hard to figure out who I am. I think my boss has better things to do than browse the HHR forums too, lol. He has the luxury of driving an unmarked Impala...the new ones are kind of nice, actually.
Old 05-17-2010, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by prod
They are all the same size, although yours might be loaded down a bit.
What did you do inside?
If you are still short of room, its pretty easy to remove rear cargo tray, storage bins and rear seats.

Rear seats are just folded down. There is a steel safety screen behind the drivers seat. I also had steel shelving in my old van that I cut to fit in the back of the HHR. I have pictures of the inside posted in the AA5 section.
Old 05-17-2010, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by diskullman
I'm surprised your company opted for the half panel. If you want, I have the original toolbox from the full panel I converted to a passenger vehicle. Usually a company does not want the back seat, to discourage passenger use. I know I've seen some of these in NJ. Maybe I'll give them a call , see if they want the toolbox.

Im not sure what the tool box looks like. I just sent my boss a link to some pull out trays that might help other guys organize their rigs as well. Mine is different than everyone elses in the company, because I did it myself. Most of the other techs just have piles of stuff thrown in the back, lol.

There is a steel screen behind the drivers seat that separates the cab from the cargo area, and by default, it comes with a metal bracket on each side that sticks out over the back seat so you cant fold it back up. I removed those because I wanted to use the bolt holes for something else, but with my shelving units in, you still cant use the back seats. I can remove it all easy enough, but they make the mods for space not to prevent unauthorized passengers. I can have passengers anyway...provided they are customers or other Honeywell personnel.