Introductions Welcome! Please take a moment to say hello.

New guy

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2013, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by ZR2nit
I appreciate all the insight. I think the panels are cool but this would be a people mocer so having no rear windows wouldnt work out well. Okay so I have a few more questions

I'm leaning towards a 2010 with the factory wide band setup/DIC. My question is will I miss that extra storage space in the dash? Do the SS models have the same storage bins in the back seats as the LT models? I'm talking about the storage bins in the seat backs of the rear fold down seats

Also what is the real world fuel economy of the SS?

Finally I'm leaning towards a black SS. However I have found other SS models in Dark Blue and Silver with the Stage 1 GMPP Turbo Upgrade. Is it worth me settling on a color I don't prefer in order to get the extra power and torque?

Thanks for the help everyone
I dont think the extra storage space is an issue...its really not that big, and mine only holds CD's...as for all the storage bins/compartments, they were the same when I went from a 07 lt to a 08 SS. Fuel economy can be stretched close to 30, if conditions are right...my daily commute is usually 25-26 mpg's. If you play with the car, it will be in the 19-20mpg range.

If you are looking to stay under powertrain warranty, then the GM upgrade is like $700 installed(depending who does it). If you are gonna be out of warranty or don't care, an aftermarket tune is cheaper and better...I recommend trifecta...

If I were you, I'd find the best looking one with low miles, and get an aftermarket tune...
Old 06-05-2013, 03:47 PM
Platinum Member

Since a have a 2010 SS, I'll try to answer some of these questions.

Storage. Do I miss it? Don't know because it's not like I had it, then had to give it up. Seriously. There still is the glovebox, although it is small. I also have a small portable storage box I keep on the front passenger seat.
99% of the time I drive solo, and mostly the back seats are folded down,which gives me plenty of rear cargo space.
As far as the storage bins. I forgot about those. Don't use em because mine are covered with a full length cargo mat.
Fuel mileage. My averages are higher than the factory ratings. With the GM turbo upgrade, I avg 27-28 mpgs in everyday driving. 25-26 before the upgrade. I do live in a rural area, so not much of my driving is city stop/go stuff. On the interstate at about 70 mph, I see 30-31.
All theses are actual calculations. Not DIC numbers.
Settling on the color is all a personal choice. You could get the color you want, then add on the GM turbo upgrade later. Or, go aftermarket tune.
Old 06-05-2013, 05:06 PM

Dang phone....

Thanks for the help everyone

Last edited by ZR2nit; 06-06-2013 at 02:03 AM.
Old 06-05-2013, 05:09 PM

Sorry phone is screwing up. Thanks for the insight
Old 06-05-2013, 07:12 PM
Premium Member

Id grab a panel if you don't need rear seats.

https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/deleted-threads-41/sold-09-hhr-ss-panel-truck-46140/
Old 06-06-2013, 01:57 AM

Originally Posted by SS fan
Id grab a panel if you don't need rear seats.

https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/showthread.php?t=46140
If I were single, knew I'd never have kids or rear passengers and wanted an auto tranny I'd definately would buy that panel. However I gotta have rear windows. That is a nice SS though
Old 06-06-2013, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by ZR2nit
Just wanted to jump through the usual hoops and say hello. I'm seriously thinking about buying a manual 08-10 SS with the optional Brembo brakes and LSD. I could use something fun to drive that, better fuel economy than my truck, and a lot more storage as well. Not to mention that these cars are getting cheap.

I'm going to look around to make sure the LNF isn't a PITA to wrench on first before I buy it. A family friend owned a PT Cruiser and I reguarly got volunteered to work on it. Put a few sensors in it and man did it suck.
Good Luck on your new car hunt. If you go onto gmcertified.com they have great deals that may peak your interest. Keep us posted on how everything goes.

Best Wishes,

Jessica L.
Chevrolet Customer Care