Introductions Welcome! Please take a moment to say hello.

New member wanting to say Hi and stuff.

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 12:22 PM

New member wanting to say Hi and stuff.

Hello HHR Nation,

I've been lurking and stealing information about this great little wagon I've bought (2007 HHR 2LT 2.4 behemoth). Now it's time for me to confess my sins of theft. Hope I'm forgiven, it is that time of the year, you know? I kept getting this message when I logged in that I had never posted and that I should say hello. Frankly I was too busy, I was like a kid at midnight in a candy shop grabbing every sweet I could stuff without paying for it. Shame on me! I promise I'll try to do better.

My wagon that caused all this thievery is 2007 HHR 2LT with 53k miles. Armed with the knowledge acquired here I ordered new tires (225/50/17's), cleaned all the interior and changed the oil (piece of cake). I've owned numerous Chevys over the years, but this is the nicest, most sane purchase of them all. My first was a 1963 Impala 409, 4 on the floor and fifth under the seat . I've had 396 Chevelles, two Corvettes and at present an S10 Extreme. Only God knows why I'm still alive after the 409. The HHR is so smooth, quiet, comfortable and I got 32.5 mpg on my first tank of gas. It's no hot rod, but for a four banger, it's not a Plymouth K car either. It scoots right along with the rest of the traffic and takes a curve pretty sporty as well. Did I say I liked it?

Anyway, I'm thankful for this site and hope to be around off and on minimally. I'm old school as you could expect from the 409 reference, but enjoy my vehicles and the learning experience that comes with them. Over the years I've found they all have their own pluses and minuses, characteristics and all require TLC to perform well for any length of time. My thanks to you mechanics who post often with your experiences. IMHO, we who are wannabe mechanics couldn't exist without your expertise, nor could we save the bucks on ill advised modifications without your leadership.

Thanks and see you around,
Walkerhound - Jackson, MS
Old 12-18-2012, 12:35 PM
Premium Member

Hey Walkerhound, welcome out of the shadows, into the marvelous light !!!!
Old 12-18-2012, 12:54 PM
Platinum Member

Welcome to the site. Fairhope,Al. here.
Old 12-18-2012, 03:22 PM

Welcome to the site from The Volunteer State.
Old 12-18-2012, 03:52 PM

Thanks, I'm a Tennessee product myself. Glad to be aboard.

Walkerhound
Old 12-18-2012, 03:54 PM

Thanks for the welcome aboard. That don't even look like a fire truck, it is red though, nice.

Walkerhound
Old 12-18-2012, 03:57 PM

Thanks for the welcome. Hum.....so I'm in the light now. Wife says I've gone to the dark side. What do women know?

Walkerhound
Old 12-18-2012, 05:02 PM

Walk, Welcome from a Noob from Maine :) I did the same as you took all the free advice here and picked up my 2011 1LT 29k miles :) and I never doid a intro till later! :) I agree the HHR is 1 sweet ride and the style is not for everyone but a old fart like me likes the 50s style n:)
Old 12-19-2012, 07:58 AM

Rad, I'm with you on the styling (old toot too). I think this thing does appeal to the older crew more so than the younger. My wife says we'll look like Bonnie and Clyde in it. I don't know about Bonnie, but Clyde has a big smile on when he's in it. I'm just drop jawed over the power this thing has for the size engine. When you add in the gas mileage, size, and comfort, I wouldn't care if it looked like an Edsel. I know I'm preaching to the choir, but frankly, I like the looks too. Each to his/her own, I guess.

Thanks for the welcome!
Walkerhound
Old 12-19-2012, 08:45 AM

Welcome Walkerhound ,
Glad to have you part of the forum. There is lots of info and helpful members here to help you. Enjoy your stay,If you need anything just ask and some one will help,

Quick Reply: New member wanting to say Hi and stuff.