Introductions Welcome! Please take a moment to say hello.

New Owner of an Older HHR

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2014, 10:35 PM

One month in, and some observations:
  • Still loving the heated seats and the remote starter. I have noticed, however, that the remote starter can be a bit hit-and-miss when it gets ridiculously cold. The two-start restriction can be frustrating when you're trying to start the car from inside, and you can't hear if the engine turned over - and you can't see the parking lights.
  • The "torsion noise" as you take corners is more noticeable in the winter up here, because of the lovely snow and ice buildup. I understand the noise, though, because it reminds me of my PT. Unfortunately, I also remember that I had to get the rear suspension re-done on my PT because of similar noise.
  • Speaking of ice buildup - this is the first time I've ever had to kick snow away from the running boards of a car.
  • The back tailgate is a collection point for snow and ice. The spoiler on the top of the car apparently redirects all the snow blowing over the roof down and onto the tailgate.
  • I've said it before: rear windshield wipers are nice, but I've yet to see one that works adequately all the time. First time I get the chance, that wiper blade is getting changed.
  • Sadly, the ridiculous cold has prevented me from getting the car a decent car wash, so she hasn't looked much better than the photos I took of her earlier this month.
  • I really, really, REALLY wish there was a way to get the "ICE POSSIBLE" notification removed from programming. I mean, no ####, ice could be possible! It's BELOW ZERO.
  • The "LOW TRACTION" notification doesn't help, either. The way 80% of the roads are here in North Central Wisconsin, you should almost expect there to be low traction - especially as you're pulling away from a stop sign or a stoplight.
  • Mileage is at about 21-22 right now. Most of that is January driving, so I'm not going to freak out about it just yet; I'm all too aware that my mileage tends to drop in the December-February part of the year.
Otherwise, I'm liking it as my everyday driver.
Old 01-29-2014, 09:34 AM
Administrator

Its a learning curve to acclimate to the HHR! enjoy it and stay warm and safe!