The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

$5.00 a Gallon Gas by January 1st 2012

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2010, 07:31 AM

Gas is around $3/gallon now and may hit $4 soon if the Obamanation has his way. Add some more taxes for the green effort to assist his income redistribution program.
Old 12-28-2010, 09:11 AM

Ah yes, the media just loves to dramatize. Remember what happened when it went to 4$ last time? It was the economy's tipping point. We went from a recession to a depression. People backed off and used less. Then the price of oil plummeted. The economy still hasn't picked up. Yet the speculators are testing the waters to see how high they can push the price before we back off on usage again. What do you think is going to happen when its $4 or even $3.50, let alone $5? Even OPEC doesn't want prices that high. They have already stated in the last few weeks that they are ready to increase production if the price goes much higher. I'm not saying we won't see $5.00 some day, even the next few years maybe. But I can't see it going that high in a year. The economy just isn't ready for it.
Old 12-28-2010, 09:42 AM
geg

Old 12-28-2010, 09:43 AM
geg

Originally Posted by Doc brown
Ah yes, the media just loves to dramatize. Remember what happened when it went to 4$ last time? It was the economy's tipping point. We went from a recession to a depression. People backed off and used less. Then the price of oil plummeted. The economy still hasn't picked up. Yet the speculators are testing the waters to see how high they can push the price before we back off on usage again. What do you think is going to happen when its $4 or even $3.50, let alone $5? Even OPEC doesn't want prices that high. They have already stated in the last few weeks that they are ready to increase production if the price goes much higher. I'm not saying we won't see $5.00 some day, even the next few years maybe. But I can't see it going that high in a year. The economy just isn't ready for it.
true.
Our *******s act the same way. Run the "duck" and watch how people react. Win-win game. If the nation is silent - "duck" becomes a reality. If people are actively resents - comes into play "good" president and stops the officials: "You bastards, just lost a conscience? " Do not let tyrannize the people! "
Old 12-28-2010, 02:24 PM

It is not demand- which is down- its' the specualtor's & the top 5 oil companys- the greed runs rampent.
Old 12-28-2010, 07:02 PM

Just came home from Bowling Green after having dinner at Frickers and gas was $3.18 for regular unleaded.
Old 12-29-2010, 12:20 AM
geg

In Ekaterinburg, 1 liter AI92 = 23 rubles. It is 2.9 dollars per gallon. Petrol "Premium" - 3.5 dollars per gallon!
After 01.01.2011 the Government raises export duties. In addition, increased excise taxes. In addition, the increase in cost of a barrel on world markets.
Predict a rise in gasoline prices at 1 ruble (3%) is a 3 - Dolar per gallon.
It seems that this general tendency.
I can understand the rise in prices in the U.S.. Country does not produce oil and is totally dependent on external supplies. But Russia .. Oil production - the main industry. How is it possible to justify the artificial rise in prices if the cost of oil production is not growing?
I have been in the oil countries. In Egypt: 0,7 dollars per gallon. Azerbaijan: 1,6 dollars per gallon.
Where is rolling world.
Old 12-29-2010, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by Old Lar
Gas is around $3/gallon now and may hit $4 soon if the Obamanation has his way. Add some more taxes for the green effort to assist his income redistribution program.
Where do you come up with this nonsense? Income redistribution program? Friend, for the last 30 years the only Income redistribution program has been to the top 2% of this country, the middle class has been slowly squeezed out, all jobs sent overseas. I know "you got yours and to hell with everyone else", seems to be the rights mantra, but I believe that we as a nation need to come together and find common ground between the right, left & independent, to bring good jobs back to this country before it's too late.
Old 12-29-2010, 10:03 AM
geg

Originally Posted by LinkX
Where do you come up with this nonsense? Income redistribution program? Friend, for the last 30 years the only Income redistribution program has been to the top 2% of this country, the middle class has been slowly squeezed out, all jobs sent overseas. I know "you got yours and to hell with everyone else", seems to be the rights mantra, but I believe that we as a nation need to come together and find common ground between the right, left & independent, to bring good jobs back to this country before it's too late.
globalization - have heard this word? If companies are profitable, that its cars made the Mexicans, and the computers - the Chinese. Be assured - it will achieve this.
Old 12-29-2010, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by Putter
Global demand??? I thought I read somewhere that we demanded LESS gas this past year than we have in a looooooong time.

I think I am gonna fill mine with batteries and two golf cart motors.
Perhaps but trust me I think with the new TSA junk, there will be increased driving vacations. I know I don't plan on flying anytime soon.

Quick Reply: $5.00 a Gallon Gas by January 1st 2012