The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

$5.00 a Gallon Gas by January 1st 2012

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2011, 03:44 AM

Im w/you brother

Originally Posted by sleeper
I'm getting a golf-cart..

Yo yo yo yo!

It's bagged!
Old 01-01-2011, 06:20 PM

Did anybody really think BP and their shareholders were going to pay for the Gulf disaster they caused? Hell no, the consumer will pay for it in higher fuel prices.

And lest any of the short-term memory folks who want to blame Obama forget. Gas was $4.00/gal in the Spring of '08 when Bush & co. were in the White House. That's when I bought my HHR.
Old 01-01-2011, 10:32 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by HipHotRod

Yo yo yo yo!

It's bagged!

HipHotRod-

now dats working fer me.. Cool wheels too !!!
Old 01-02-2011, 04:25 AM

Originally Posted by Jeff®
And lest any of the short-term memory folks who want to blame Obama forget. Gas was $4.00/gal in the Spring of '08 when Bush & co. were in the White House. That's when I bought my HHR.
Thank you! I sometimes wonder if everyone in the country has a goldfish memory?! That's why the Republican's won so many of the elections this year, because people can't remember what happened even two years ago! How do you blame the Democrats for something that started when they weren't even in power? I'm not saying it's the Dems or Republicans fault, but come on, really? If you're going to use that logic, at least try and remember the facts!
Old 01-02-2011, 06:41 AM
Founding Member

Neither Bush or Obama were/are the direct cause of gas pricing. It's us. We are the ones using it. When we demand more gas, the price goes up. When we use less it goes down. The rescession has kept it lower, due to lower consumption.

I would rather have a good economy, even with higher gas prices, than a bad economy with low prices.
Old 01-02-2011, 11:40 AM
Platinum Member

Man, I hate to say this......

But some usually intelligent people are really slow on some subjects/issues!!
Old 01-02-2011, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by ChevyMgr
Neither Bush or Obama were/are the direct cause of gas pricing. It's us. We are the ones using it. When we demand more gas, the price goes up. When we use less it goes down. The rescession has kept it lower, due to lower consumption.\
Oh, and I couldn't agree more! I'm just saying I don't understand the people who say that, their logic. I mean, first of all, Republicans were in control when gas hit $4 anyways, so if you're going with that mindset, wouldn't the Democrats be better? I know, Republicans didn't make gas go up, and neither did Democrats. Bush didn't, Obama didn't. No single person or group of people did, but it's sad how many people don't think like that.

I mean yep...Obama single handedly raised gas prices. Just like here in Michigan, Gov. Jennifer Granholm single handedly destroyed not only the Michigan economy, but the US and global economy as well...
Old 01-02-2011, 07:24 PM

Attack wallstreet...drove it up before because the rest of the market was crap...made a bundle...they think the economy is stable enough to do it again and make a few more bucks off our sweaty backs....we are not using more and there is no shortage...matter of fact some opinionators are asking why nobody is screaming and kicking yet since it jumped .50 a gallon in the last 3 months......as long as everybody is quiet they will keep bumping it up till they get called in on it......squeeky wheel theory stuff
Old 01-02-2011, 10:57 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by IgottaWoody
Attack wallstreet...drove it up before because the rest of the market was crap...made a bundle...they think the economy is stable enough to do it again and make a few more bucks off our sweaty backs....we are not using more and there is no shortage...matter of fact some opinionators are asking why nobody is screaming and kicking yet since it jumped .50 a gallon in the last 3 months......as long as everybody is quiet they will keep bumping it up till they get called in on it......squeeky wheel theory stuff
X 2, I already have an econo 4 banger, so I'm not guzzling the gas & the bikes get better mileage yet..