The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.
View Poll Results: Which do you like better?!?
Trans Am
16.76%
Camaro
27.57%
HHR!!!
55.68%
Voters: 185. You may not vote on this poll

2011 Pontiac Trans Am

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2007, 10:34 PM
Banned

Besides everyone knows a muscle car is an extension of your penis!
Old 06-24-2007, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
Why do you guys keep saying niche market? Daily I see more Mustangs and Chargers than HHRs. The HHR is in way more of a niche market than any modern muscle car. If there weren't a desire for these cars we wouldn't be seeing the return of the Camaro or Challenger.
There is a desire for them , no doubt. But how long the market place can sustain them with the world about to go oil crazy is another matter.
http://www.lifeaftertheoilcrash.net/

Hey, niches can be big, who says they can't?
Big ass pickups are definitely a niche and there certainly a LOT of them about.
Everything has a niche, That why we have all this stuff to choose from. Different tools for different fools as I like to say!

True, but most of those you mention are not real good in the snow belt and really should be put away for the winter. Every Pony car I knew handles like crap in the snow unless the owner put snows on 'em. They are simply too light and over powered/tired for bad weather. But most pony car owners don't see it that way it seems.

Folks who use a pony car for family transport are simply accidents waiting to happen. But yes we do see a lot of them out there. More than HHRs, but hey Mustangs and Camaros have been around longer.
My SHo family sedan did fine in all weather with performance tires. I guess it was the weight or the FWD or just that I know how to drive. My employee with his 90ish Camaro slides everywhere in the snow. He hitches to work while owning the car! Silly boy, get snows or buy an HHR or something. Keep the pony car and get a second car. Oh yeah, perhaps some of these cars are narrower niche cars since they can only really be enjoyed in good weather.

All that said, I agree that Chevy is doing a terrible job marketing our HHR. Most folks see mine and simply know it a Chrysler even with all the Chevy script I have on it.
It is a true marvel that it has survived into year three. If it were a sitcom, it would have been canceled, and already be in the DVD bargain bin by now!

The folks I know who have the latest Charger and Mustang have refinanced their homes to take out fun money to play with since just about all real estate produced decent equity over the last fifteen years. Now with prices falling, I do not know how folks will afford to take a second/third mortgage out on their house / The party may be over.
Here's an example. My dad rents a condo. The owner of his condo just bought a nice car last year with her profits. Cool. Great, the American dream. good for her. No, really
But now she and four other owners of rental condos at dad's building are kicking all the tenants out to try and sell off their now-dwindling investment properties. No money for tricked out cars here, it is back to survival and proper investing, oh and kicking out those who could not afford to own.

Don't get me wrong, I love out American muscle car/pony car heritage, but I don't see any revival getting that large.
But Yes, the Mustang is a great seller for Ford. It looks great and is a big part of Americana in general. It should be everyone's second car by law

That Charger looks real cool, so folks buy em. I don't know how the Charger handles, but is more of an homage to the muscle cars than it is a Pony car.

A customer of mine bought one, then gas went up big time and he is not happy with is purchase. I'm not making this up, he wishes he did not buy it. And he is a child of real wealth and his dad just died leaving him a fortune. He is rich but cares about spending money on gas. WHO KNEW? So while we can see him driving his Charger and his Mercedes ( Yes he has a nice one ), he'd rather be spending less on gas than these beasties force him to, and he was never an econobox guy!!!
I think the world is changing. That's all. I see it daily here in the trenches.
Old 06-24-2007, 11:18 PM

Yep! That is why I am afraid on those skinny tightly wound mom's running around in their Escalade's and Explorer's! They they have some real penis envy going on!
Old 06-24-2007, 11:53 PM

I have always been a Trans Am fan and used to own one too, but I'll have to vote for the Camaro now.
Old 06-25-2007, 12:22 AM

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Harpozep
Yep! That is why I am afraid on those skinny tightly wound mom's running around in their Escalade's and Explorer's! They they have some real penis envy going on!
They want kid-carriers that don't look like mini-vans
Old 06-25-2007, 12:43 AM
Platinum Member

Doesn't say much for us guys that drive HHR's....does it???
Old 06-25-2007, 07:43 AM

Hey Captain. Look at www.norcal-ls1.com This is what I mean by 18-25. Most of the members on that site are 18-25 and there are alot of them. I actually started that site.

The V6 Mustangs I see are drivin by more females than males. I classify it as a girlie car. Most of the mustangs drivin by guys are the GT's, Cobras, and Saleens.

The Corvettes are drivin by old farts like me but when I was working for a speed shop we had a ton of under 45 guys that owned LS1 vettes mainly the Z06 model.
Old 06-25-2007, 08:08 AM

Well I have owned a number of Trans Ams (16) and if GM does bring it back, I will have to add one more to the number...I do wish that it would mimick the 77-78 body sttyle a bit more...but I want it !
Old 11-03-2008, 06:42 PM

hopefully they put it on season 2 of knight rider. get rid of the mustang

hi everyone! first time posting!
Old 11-03-2008, 07:17 PM

This T/A in fugly IMO.