The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

300-400-500 hp VEHICLES, Ha

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 05:57 AM

This makes no sense.

It is expected that fuel economy and emissions will be measured during wide-open throttle (WOT) runs from 0-60 and 0-100 mph and from 0 to the vehicle’s top speed. In addition, measurements will be conducted at proposed steady-state speeds of 80 and 100 mph for all vehicles and at 120 and 150 mph for those vehicles capable of reaching these excessive speeds. A factoring system will be developed to incorporate the results of these tests into each manufacturer’s overall CAFÉ certification performance, the release states.
I can understand that requirements will get stricter each year. But measuring fuel economy at WOT? I can't see this ever getting passed.
Old 04-28-2010, 06:25 AM

This is a joke. I wonder what kind of car the guy they mentioned in the article drives. Is he driving a Prius or something? Probably not. I wouldn't be surprised if he had a big truck, yet is soon going to be lecturing everyone else about fuel economy. Pretty soon people aren't even going to be able to have a sporty car; they won't "allow" it. And I'm sure if this guy takes away their right to build cars that consumers like, that there is actually a demand for, the auto comanies are just going to flourish. So much for helping the economy.
Old 04-28-2010, 06:39 AM

Can we all say...."electric"
Old 04-28-2010, 07:12 AM

no, I can't, I trieed like five or six times though.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:46 AM

I've been predicting this for 30 years...it was only a matter of time...your performance car AND THE PARTS TO MODIFY it will soon be enemies of the state!

Everyday happenings in Obama's Utopia?

Government run health care.
10% unemployment
$5 a gallon gas
MORE taxes
Cap and Trade....[They will shove it down your throat one way or the other!]

Now they seek to outlaw performance!

You WILL NOT see an outcry from the manufacturers of automobiles...government will target you!

...And this all within his first 2 years!
Old 04-28-2010, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by Tominator
I've been predicting this for 30 years...it was only a matter of time...your performance car AND THE PARTS TO MODIFY it will soon be enemies of the state!

Everyday happenings in Obama's Utopia?

Government run health care.
10% unemployment
$5 a gallon gas
MORE taxes
Cap and Trade....[They will shove it down your throat one way or the other!]

Now they seek to outlaw performance!

You WILL NOT see an outcry from the manufacturers of automobiles...government will target you!

...And this all within his first 2 years!

Well, let's see. What was unemployment during George W. Bush's administration? Ok, so it wasn't 10%, but you don't lose jobs overnight....it takes years. Obama hasn't been in office years.

Gas prices? Where were you in 2008, gas was over $4, and who was in office? Oh, that's right... George W. Bush.

I'm not saying Bush caused everything, but it really pisses me off when people like you go around saying OBAMA caused everything. Since when is name calling and whining going to help our country get out from this rut where in? Grow up, move on. Obama won the election. 2 years ago.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:25 AM

The good thing about performance vehicles is the aftermarket. I am willing to spend some $ on a set of headers and an ORY to make my car perform.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by CrazyCarKid
Well, let's see. What was unemployment during George W. Bush's administration? Ok, so it wasn't 10%, but you don't lose jobs overnight....it takes years. Obama hasn't been in office years.

Gas prices? Where were you in 2008, gas was over $4, and who was in office? Oh, that's right... George W. Bush.

I'm not saying Bush caused everything, but it really pisses me off when people like you go around saying OBAMA caused everything. Since when is name calling and whining going to help our country get out from this rut where in? Grow up, move on. Obama won the election. 2 years ago.
1776 ring a bell? I am not siding with him or you for that matter, but if he is upset, he can be..it's his right. I have my own opinions and I am sure you do to. Let him have his.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by 1970judge
1776 ring a bell? I am not siding with him or you for that matter, but if he is upset, he can be..it's his right. I have my own opinions and I am sure you do to. Let him have his.
Yeah, and that is fine.... but he has brought this topic up way too many times in this forum.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:39 AM

Some people are political party pole sliders, you nor I can help that. Like the peopel who voted for Obama strictly because he was a Democrat. Or people who voted for Bush because he is republican. Sadly, experience and qualification are no long considerations.

Quick Reply: 300-400-500 hp VEHICLES, Ha