The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Ali Resurected from the Dead

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2024 | 06:51 PM

Ali Resurected from the Dead

So, during all the commotion with traffic in and out of the field for my recent septic system install, apparently the dump truck driver went up over a retaining wall by the pond and dropped off the edge killing Ali ( our concrete gator that guards the pond ) I turned a blind eye to it as the guys were very professional and actually went above and beyond ( they added rock to my work gravel drive and graded it nicely, took out a couple extra trees that I wanted removed ) so it more that covered replacing Ali. On the other hand, my wife wasnt happy with Ali's situation , all crumbled in a pile.
So, yesterday I hauled Ali into the shop , started puzzle piecing her together, got some epoxy, super glue and hydraulic cement, some threaded rod and hammer drill. I had to add a piece of rod for support of the lower jaw so carefully marked and drilled to insert the rod, packed the rod in with hydraulic cement and epoxied all the contact surfaces after thoroughly cleaning and drying. I had to carefully bend the rebar support for the upper jaw to match where it once was which took considerable time to perfect it, epoxy and super glued the pieces in place with some tape to hold til it cured. Then I mixed up some more hydraulic cement and filled in all the missing pieces/gaps and crack, then went back and covered with super glue for added hardness of the surface and fill any hairline cracks left behind. Today I got the paint. Primered everything then did a base of dark brown, went over that with dark green then misted back and forth between the dark green and black to get a realistic color/texture for Ali although she was just a basic green before overall, I was going for a more life-like look ( since shes scared a few people already the old way ) wife wanted the natural pink tongue / mouth so thats what I did, then finished off with the white teeth. I think it turned out better than new and more realistic now as well.

Old 10-11-2024 | 06:52 PM

Ali back at home LOL

Old 10-11-2024 | 10:07 PM

Nice job reconstituting him!

Steve
Old 10-12-2024 | 07:36 AM
Administrator

Very cool! Better than new!
Old 10-12-2024 | 08:35 AM
Platinum Member

Around here that’s just a “little un”. LOL !

Good job on the repair !