The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

All New 2015 Chevrolet City Express

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2014, 05:06 PM

If given to me maybe ...sure wouldn't buy it!
Old 02-07-2014, 08:06 PM

CVT transmission bad news. Saturn tried those 10 + years ago and they didn't work. Chrysler tried them in their Nitro (I think) and their were major repairs after 50K miles.
Old 02-08-2014, 06:48 AM

Like them or not, I imagine you'll see those everywhere once they're introduced like the Ford Transit Connect.
Old 02-08-2014, 10:20 AM

I have owned 5 New Window Astros in years gone by. Best small vans I ever owned for all around use during that time period.
I could pull my 21Ft. Welded Alumaweld River Sled with a 150hp Merc and a 15hpMerc including 50 gallons of fuel, 4 people in the Van and all our gear and a full tank of gas in the Van.
It had a wonderful All Wheel Drive system and would litterly go most anywhere in snow or a slippery boat ramp @ 4AM with proper tires.
With the large windows and large rear side mirrors it had very good all around vision.

Personally if I HAD TO CHOOSE.. I would take the Nissan version for looks.

Chevrolet must have kept the guy that designed the Chevy Uplander Vans with the Ugly Snoot to redo this project.

Maybe the X Aztec Owners will Like it.

Just my 2cents....... SF
Old 02-08-2014, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by Boydie
Why the heck didn't they just bring back the HHR?

What stupidity GM! What stupidity

Boydie
Better Question ....

Why did they Drop the HHR right when the gas prices were going up like crazy and they finally got the Deserved Recongnition as the best vehicle in class??

SF
Old 02-10-2014, 11:02 AM

Eurk.... It looks so...... so..... Nissan. At least it's not a rebadging of the Nissan Puke. Why can't GM develop good trucks on it's own anymore?
Old 02-10-2014, 01:12 PM

Thumbs down

It's not a real Chevy!!! It's just an ugly Nissan with a Chevy cross on the grill!
Old 02-10-2014, 04:25 PM
Administrator

Sad. sad, sad, GM just plain lazy and not caring what their customers think, like us, we think it is ugly!! Why do you think Nissan is selling GM these things?? 'cause Nissan can't sell them to customers either, I wonder if they will count in Nissan's sales figures like the Vibe did for Toyota or the Equinox, Torrent for Suzuki?? I'll just keep rebuilding my HHR till I can't rebuild it anymore! OR GM starts selling GM vehicles again with style and dependability!!
Old 02-10-2014, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by Oldblue
Sad. sad, sad, GM just plain lazy and not caring what their customers think, like us, we think it is ugly!! Why do you think Nissan is selling GM these things?? 'cause Nissan can't sell them to customers either, I wonder if they will count in Nissan's sales figures like the Vibe did for Toyota or the Equinox, Torrent for Suzuki?? I'll just keep rebuilding my HHR till I can't rebuild it anymore! OR GM starts selling GM vehicles again with style and dependability!!

There seems to be 2 separate Design Divisions now at GM.

One has Class and builds things like the New Corvette.

The other has bumbling idiots that just can't get it all together.
ie .. Traverse.

I passed a new one today and almost felt like Vomitting.

Sorry Chevrolet but that's how I feel and I been a Chevy man since my first car.

A Beautiful 1940 Deluxe Black Coupe.

SF
Old 02-11-2014, 05:26 PM
Deceased

It's the economics of the modern world, Nissan and their partner Renault did the hard work like designing the ugly buggers and getting them through crash testing etc.

Chevrolet gets a ready made product with minimal investment involved, tool up a grille, pop a on Bowtie here and there. And "Hey Presto!", we got us a new little van to compete against Ford and Dodge.

Quick Reply: All New 2015 Chevrolet City Express