The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

any C++ programmers out there

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 03:16 AM

Question any C++ programmers out there

hey, i am taking an online corse for C++, we use visual studio 2005, and i run windows vista ultimate 64 bit system. i was wondering if anyone knows of any problems vista has with VS2005 and how to fix them... beacuse a program that build and runs fine on vista wont run on xp, that sounds like a duh kinda thing, but its not working because there are errors in the code that VS is overlooking on vista and finding on XP... well thanks in advance
Old 06-22-2008, 07:55 AM
Banned

What errors are you usually getting that aren't related to your code parsing?
Old 06-22-2008, 10:37 AM

I love VS2005, but I've only actually used it on XP. I haven't tried it with Vista yet. My best advice is to get into the MSDN forums for VS2005 and C++ .NET There are some good people there that help. Well actually, I always seem to come up with a new issue no one ever had before, and have to figure it out myself. Unfortunately for us, the best examples are always in VB or C# The CLR That VS2005/08 uses is so similar accross languages, that the other examples will usually help. unlike MFC

Ultimately, you are going to need both platforms for development. We're only starting to test for Vista compatability at work. (which I get stuck with for lipping off about how "Vista Rocks." My main work is wince/evc, and I'm starting to try to migrate from 4.2 to 6 so I can use VS2005. Talk about issues! Good luck, if I think of something...
Old 06-22-2008, 03:43 PM

the main problem im having when i take a program that ran fine on vista and use it on xp is an aplication configuration error, its telling me that its not right... i rebuild it and rerun it and it works fine