The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Any Railroaders Out There?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 07:45 PM

MWG2, how cool! I never knew anyone with their own train car.

My dad started in the train yards and worked his way up to the accounting department. He has tons of pictures like what RUDEINC posted above. Of course, he also took pictures of every ham radio antenna he ever owned, the three boats and two houses he built, and each and every car he ever drove. He's a little eccentric!
Old 04-30-2008, 10:59 AM

My brother has been a modeler for many years and is a real true certified train-nut (his words, not mine). He has always been an "N" scale guy and will spend months on just one addition to one of his mini-layouts. I supply him with much of the tech data and detail info on the automotive end of his pursuit. I spent three weeks once just tracking down the correct detailed photo for a GM Stepvan that he was doing for his stuff. He builds from scratch mostly and the details have to be perfect to suit him.