The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Anybody stopped using BP Ultimate gas?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by steven&cat
This is ridiculous.....I'm sorry
Did You ALL stop using EXXON, HOW about UNION CARBIDE after the Bhopal Tragedy. AND I KNOW everyone has had there elect. turned off to cut down on your carbon footprint and Radiation like after the Chernobyl disaster.
Old 05-31-2010, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by Tominator
Agreed! Government regulation made deep water drilling an only option. Government regulation caused the spill. At these depths you might as well have drilling on the moon!

Mistakes were made, sure! Criminal action against possible BP cover ups and falsifying inspections...prosecute!

But a boycott of the BP label only shows you have no idea how we get oil and it's use in industry....no idea at all!
Here is someone that thinks !
Old 06-01-2010, 05:22 AM

Agreed! Government regulation made deep water drilling an only option. Government regulation caused the spill. At these depths you might as well have drilling on the moon!

Mistakes were made, sure! Criminal action against possible BP cover ups and falsifying inspections...prosecute!

But a boycott of the BP label only shows you have no idea how we get oil and it's use in industry....no idea at all!
I've owned Exxon stock for years. They tell me exactly how they think.
Old 06-01-2010, 10:09 AM

I've never liked BP gas. I use Shell or Sunoco almost exclusively. I do feel BP owns the biggest part of the leak blame, so I'll be using another motor oil besides Castrol now.
Old 06-01-2010, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by tobaccoman
Wow you guys are doing a BP Boycott???? Dont forget Obama is calling the shots here. Other than owning the well and doing what the regime tells them BP has nothing to do with the spill and it unsuccessful clean up. Not to make it political just stating the facts of the cleanup program.
I didn't realize that Obama told them to use crappy or non-existant safeguards and make sure they didn't work.

Please tell us all how the government caused this? When BP didn't ensure their safeguards were in place and worked!!! Mistakes made, that an understatement. I'm not going to "boycott", but I rarely used them in the past and will keep that in mind for the future. Exxon was different, that was a drunk captain.

Originally Posted by MIKEYfixit
I've never liked BP gas. I use Shell or Sunoco almost exclusively. I do feel BP owns the biggest part of the leak blame, so I'll be using another motor oil besides Castrol now.
Shell or Petro is closest to my house. I usually get Shell if I'm just buying nearby. If I'm out and about, I look more at prices and the statoin itself.
Old 06-01-2010, 11:28 AM

We can go to the moon, but we just can't plug a damn hole... makes me wondering...
Old 06-01-2010, 12:06 PM
ecl

Originally Posted by solman98
I didn't realize that Obama told them to use crappy or non-existant safeguards and make sure they didn't work.

Please tell us all how the government caused this? When BP didn't ensure their safeguards were in place and worked!!! Mistakes made, that an understatement. I'm not going to "boycott", but I rarely used them in the past and will keep that in mind for the future. Exxon was different, that was a drunk captain.
The goverment is the ones that regulate the safe gaurds so in a sense yeah they let them by with them. With Exxon having a drunk captain is worse than this accident. Yes it sucks but at least they are doing what they can to get it fixed. If I there was a BP around my are I wouldnt think twice about using them. If any thing I will blame the goverment specially since Obama stated that this was the goverments problem and they are the ones calling the shots not BP.
Old 06-01-2010, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by ecl
The goverment is the ones that regulate the safe gaurds so in a sense yeah they let them by with them. With Exxon having a drunk captain is worse than this accident. Yes it sucks but at least they are doing what they can to get it fixed. If I there was a BP around my are I wouldnt think twice about using them. If any thing I will blame the goverment specially since Obama stated that this was the goverments problem and they are the ones calling the shots not BP.
BP still installed the safeguards and maintained them. The government may have required them to do so, but BP still failed to maintain this rig properly.

The damage from this will outweight the Exxon disaster by a long shot. Drunk captain is a single idiot. Failure to properly maintain safeguards, lot's of idiots.

Yes it's the governments problem now. BP has proven they can't get a handle on it. And you can bet, there will a lot more government intervention in the future because of this.
Old 06-01-2010, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by tobaccoman
Wow you guys are doing a BP Boycott???? Dont forget Obama is calling the shots here. Other than owning the well and doing what the regime tells them BP has nothing to do with the spill and it unsuccessful clean up. Not to make it political just stating the facts of the cleanup program.
And what are those "shots" he's calling? Didn't vote for him, but am curious as to how this is all his fault/responsibility. Everyone blamed Bush for Katrina, too. Wrong thing to do, then and now.
Old 06-01-2010, 12:50 PM

A boycott won't matter anyway. Gasoline come from everywhere, avoiding BP won't fix anything. Want to stop another Exxon Valdez? Want to stop another Deep Water? Stop using gasoline, period. Switch to an electric car or one that runs on restaurant fryer oil.

Quick Reply: Anybody stopped using BP Ultimate gas?