The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Anyone Watch the Yankees Game Tonight

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by ng8650
You mean the playoffs are still goin on! I'm still on the rebound from the Lake Show Loss...

Ng
Wow you should have seen last nights game 2 ot. But the suns pulled it off
Old 05-17-2006, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by SIHHR
Its only may. Lets see where the teams stand in Sept. Lets go yankees and lets go Mets

You're kidding, right??? No TRUE sports fan roots for both the Mets and Yankees...

That's like rooting for both India and Pakistan...
Old 05-17-2006, 09:05 AM

Thumbs up Go STL Cardinals

Now this is a team and a good orginization, especially if you consider they don't have the endless supplies of cash (NY, LA, etc...) to buy a championship!!!
Old 05-17-2006, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by Strat Man
have the endless supplies of cash (NY, LA, etc...) to buy a championship!!!

OUCH Now the NY and LA fans will come out and cry foul
Old 05-17-2006, 09:31 AM

Now this is a team and a good orginization, especially if you consider they don't have the endless supplies of cash (NY, LA, etc...) to buy a championship!!!
I haven't heard many people accuse the LA Clippers of throwing lots of money around, trying to "buy" anything... yet they're still playing basketball right now...

The Dodgers haven't spent a ton of money under their new ownership, and have one of the best farm systems in all of baseball -- young players that WILL bring them a Championship in the next 2-3 years... truth is you just sound like a Cardinals fan who's bitter because his team hasn't won a World Series since 1982...
Old 05-17-2006, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by HHRster
You're kidding, right??? No TRUE sports fan roots for both the Mets and Yankees...

That's like rooting for both India and Pakistan...
2000 Subway series was the best thing for NY Bars. Trust me on this. It was plenty of fun during those days. I would love to see it again.
Old 05-17-2006, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by SIHHR
2000 Subway series was the best thing for NY Bars. Trust me on this. It was plenty of fun during those days. I would love to see it again.

I don't doubt that the bars were rockin'... so you aren't a fan of both teams, you're just rooting for another Subway Series... gotcha. I jumped to the wrong conclusion -- sorry.
Old 05-17-2006, 03:12 PM

No Bitter

Naw,
I am not bitter about the big markets having the cash to throw around or pocket as the one post implied (Clippers, Dodgers). I love going to the ball game great atmosphere either with your buddies or your family. Though I can say Bonds & Mcguire should have a * by thier stats or anyone else that has cheated. I guess I will have to start hating the Mets again since they are starting to win a few.

P.S. I would not trade my cardinals even though they haven't won it all for awhile but they still get there. Also in 1982 they have a picture in the hall of fame of the fans(30 or so) coming over the right field bleachers when they won. My Ass and I mean my Ass is for ever on display.

Go HHRs!!!!!!!!
Old 05-17-2006, 03:20 PM

Naw,
I am not bitter about the big markets having the cash to throw around or pocket as the one post implied (Clippers, Dodgers). I love going to the ball game great atmosphere either with your buddies or your family. Though I can say Bonds & Mcguire should have a * by thier stats or anyone else that has cheated. I guess I will have to start hating the Mets again since they are starting to win a few.

P.S. I would not trade my cardinals even though they haven't won it all for awhile but they still get there. Also in 1982 they have a picture in the hall of fame of the fans(30 or so) coming over the right field bleachers when they won. My Ass and I mean my Ass is for ever on display.

Go HHRs!!!!!!!!
I hate the Mets, too -- so at least we agree on that. The Cards are definitely one of the best and classiest organizations in baseball -- I'm just saying that not all big market teams are like the Yanks, who are making a mockery out of the sport with their ridiculous, free-spending ways...

Pretty cool stuff with your ass pictured in the HOF -- very cool.

P.S. Pujols -- an absolute MONSTER. Best player in baseball.
Old 05-17-2006, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by HHRster
I don't doubt that the bars were rockin'... so you aren't a fan of both teams, you're just rooting for another Subway Series... gotcha. I jumped to the wrong conclusion -- sorry.
I'm a big hardcore Yankee Fan. I'm so happy they beat the Mets 4 games to 1 in the 2000 World Series. Plus the Mets Lost game 5 at Shea. So they have nothing to talk about. With the way both teams are playing right now. This weekend is going to be nuts in NY as the Yankees face the mets at shea.

Quick Reply: Anyone Watch the Yankees Game Tonight