The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

AR drone

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2013, 09:17 AM

AR drone

I hope everyone had a great Christmas. My wife bought me a new toy to get into trouble with. It's a Parrot ar drone. It's a remote control flying craft with built in cameras that you fly with a smart phone.
Of corse like a kid with a new toy I couldn't wait to try it out. Without reading the complete Manual first. I set outside so I would have plenty of room for my learning curve. i have seen kids flying this thing in videos so how hard can it be right?
Mt first flight was going great I was starting to look like I had this all figured out. Then all of a sudden my new toy took off at a high rate of speed and was rapidly gaining altitude. At about 60 feet I panic to get control of my drone so I hit the emergence stop button Which shuts Down the unit.
My little flying machine stopped flying an dropped like a stone right onto the hood of my hhr with quite a large bang as it hit.
Hitting once was bad but in my panic crashing into the hood of my hhr I hit the button to launch and it did exactly that, it took off then slammed down on top of the hood a second time.
So I called it a night. I will have to do some reading today and start looking for dent doctor locations. Lesion learned
Attached Images  
Old 12-26-2013, 11:58 AM
Platinum Member

Sorry to laugh at your damages, but you gotta admit, it is pretty funny.
Old 12-26-2013, 02:09 PM

You have to laugh at life's little learning adventures. That why I thought I would share this with you guys
Old 12-26-2013, 02:22 PM
Deceased

Sorry man but I went from groaning to hysterical giggles and back again.

With my record of "Home Improvement Induced Injuries", I can identify with your unfortunately expensive learning curve Lucky.

Hopefully the damage to your hood is minimal, but once you get the handle on flying that critter they can be fun to play with.