The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

The Bandit Run

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2007, 07:56 PM

Talking The Bandit Run

"Give me a diablo sandwich, a Dr. Pepper, and make it quick..."
This year marks the 30th anniversary of "Smokey and the Bandit". To commemorate the event, Motortopia, Restore A Muscle Car, 78TA.com, and YearOne have teamed up to bring you the The Bandit Run. The cruise retraces Bandit and Snowman's famous route from Texarkana to Atlanta with fun-filled stops along the way. All cars are welcome, especially Trans Ams!

Join the official Bandit Run group and get all the event details as they unfold... including a possible special guest appearance by the Bandit himself, Burt Reynolds
This is it! To commemorate the 30 year anniversary of the release of the original Smokey and the Bandit movie, Restore A Muscle Car, Motortopia, 78TA.com and YearOne have teamed up to put together a cruise to retrace the route Bandit and Snowman took in that film! We plan to start in Texarkana, Texas and drive through Arkansas, Mississippi, Alabama and then on to Georgia. Our destination will be Atlanta and the YearOne Experience which is May 18-20, 2007.

The exact start date and locations for the cruise are still being planned. But if you would like to participate, please let us know by filling out the entry form to the right. *You must join this group to recieve updates - Join this group by clicking the "Join Group" link above. The cruise will likely begin three days prior to the start of the YearOne Experience, please visit their site at www.yearone.com. Dallas will likely be the gathering place for the pre-start.

The YearOne people already have Hot Rod TV and TLC scheduled to shoot the events of the YearOne Experience. And, they have suggested we allow them to shoot our cruise as well. Plus, press from national car magazines may also ask to tag along! This means your car could end up in the glossy pages of a cool national publication!

Once at the YearOne Experience, Bandit Run participants will be treated to a special welcome reception and ticket discounts. Plus, we’ll be allowed to take a ceremonial lap around the scenic 2.54-mile road Atlanta Grand Prix course.
As an added surprise, the folks at YearOne have just announced they are working in conjunction with the Bandit himself, Burt Reynolds, to build a new resto-mod series of 1977 Bandit Style Trans Ams. Move over Eleanor, the Bandit is here!
And if that’s not enough, they are even working on getting Burt as a special guest at the YearOne Experience! For more information on all the events at the YearOne Experience, please visit their site at www.yearone.com.

All makes and models are welcome, especially Trans Ams and F-Bodies of all years, but please let us know if you have a black 76-81 TA model or SE. There may be a nominal fee to join the cruise, to cover basic expenses related to planning, giftbag goodies, etc, but don’t worry about that right now.

And to stay informed on everything related to The Bandit Run, join this group by clicking the "join group" link above. This will be the only place you can find official information about this event!
I think I might just have to do this!! This was my favorite movie when I was in 8th grade, well one of them.