The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Billy Lane Chopper builder kills moped rider

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 04:02 PM

How much??? (i'm certain it will be more than I can afford, lol, but out of sheer curiosity...)
Old 09-07-2006, 04:09 PM

heck, if you can afford an HHR, then..

I'd be willing to part with her for 12, maybe even as low as 11 to the right buyer.
Old 09-07-2006, 04:34 PM

Lol, Knew it was more than I can afford! I'm strugglin' to save 1500 bucks for a car!
Old 09-07-2006, 04:35 PM

Well, if you know anyone interested, pass it along :)
Old 09-07-2006, 04:49 PM

Will do, man.
Old 09-07-2006, 10:01 PM

Nate the dude is a degreed mechanical engineer, the hubless wheel design works and actually is fairly simple in it's working design, just way ahead of it's time. I agree that Indian Larry was iconic in his lifestyle as well as his bike designs, but these two men were closer than any of the rest of the most noted builders today. Indian Larry died doing a stunt that he had done for years, a terrible waste, but it was who he was, this deal with Billy Lane is another waste of life, but more over the lives of the victim and his family. Joker that is a beautiful 45, I am envious, riding that must feel incredible. Nate we missed you at the Mid-Central Run, I hope that you will hook up with us during a run soon, still waitin' to meet you !!!
Old 09-08-2006, 06:24 AM

You know Guys, accidents ( thats why their called that ) happen all the time, people get hurt/killed in them all the time. If this was just any other guy in an accident, trying to pass other veh. on a road, you guys wouldn`t have degraded he to some sort of Madman/killer...
Take a guy who plays with fire, gets burned, now Oh poor guy...
The fact that this guy builds cycles, shouldn`t factor into the way you guys view this incident.
Old 09-08-2006, 08:57 PM

Hey BB anyone that passes 2 cars in a double full line area and kills some one cause he is in to big of a hurry to get where ever a second faster! is an idiot bike builder or not!! I had a chick run me off the road in my impala passing me in a no pass zone comming up on a corner you couldnt see around , she was yackin on a cell and not watching and when the car came out of no where right at her she cut me off and ran me into the ditch !! so me bein the nice guy i am i followed her to see where she was in such a hurry to go and followed her to a dollar general and noticed she had an infant with her!!?? i wasnt gonna say anything but my wife jumped out and said so getting here to shop was worth endangering your childs life and ours!!!??? she was like what do you mean??? then my wife told her she ran us off the road and she said i dont even remember passing you?? so i have no respect for idiot drivers any !!!
Old 09-08-2006, 09:36 PM

The guy is a menace...he already has a drinking related offense he has to answer to in October...and failure to take the breathalyzer should have made for an automatic suspension. Here's the info I found about that.

In June, he was arrested by the North Carolina Highway Patrol and charged with drunken driving. Police said Lane was riding a motorcycle the wrong way on a two-lane road without a helmet. Lane refused a Breathalyzer test. The Rowan County clerk of courts confirmed that he is to appear in court on Oct. 5.
Old 09-08-2006, 09:42 PM

But you didn`t care what she did for a living, didn`t matter...no better, no worst driver. that`s what I meant.
If this guy hadn`t been semi famous (never really knew him from Adam ), The story never would`ve been mentioned, and you probably would still love/hate his cycles...

Quick Reply: Billy Lane Chopper builder kills moped rider