The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Borat

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 11:56 AM

I haven't seen it, and probably won't until it comes out on DVD. I think a lot of times people seem to get offended by this kind of thing before they think it through. I have heard that he makes fun of pretty much everyone, so he's not being malicious toward any particular race/creed/country, etc. If that's true, why not just look at it as comedy and let it go at that. Some may like it, some may not, but we shouldn't be as sensitive as we are most of the time. Of course that's just my opinion.
Old 11-20-2006, 12:01 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by PhxHHR
Great...... Now I can't get "Throw The Jew Down The Well" out of my head....
That was one of my favorite Ali G shows ever. I couldn't believe he had a bunch of red necks getting into that song. Then of course there is the irony of him being Jewish.
Old 11-20-2006, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
That was one of my favorite Ali G shows ever. I couldn't believe he had a bunch of red necks getting into that song. Then of course there is the irony of him being Jewish.
He lets the Jews have it in the movie...as relentless as his attack was, I figured he had to be Jewish.

Again, the best part of his comedy is not actually him, but people buying into him and the stuff THEY do. I left the theatre in pain...
Old 11-20-2006, 12:37 PM

I've heard rumours that a couple of the frat boys or college students, or whatever, are sueing for the way they were portrayed in the camper when they picked him up and started drinking.

Me thinks they are trying to cash in on the success of the movie.