The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Car Members Calendar/Possible Lawsuit

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by Old_Chevy_SS_Man
Where can we order one from?
www.cafepress.com/hhritage

This should get you pointed in the right direction
Old 01-12-2008, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by quest51210

i should report our calendar to their copyright department

Why can't people just mind their own business.
Old 01-12-2008, 07:17 PM

All you have to do is go thru the proper channels with GM to get everything approved FIRST...which is what was done at the CHF.net forum, prior to releasing the new logo and obtaining their written permission.
Old 01-12-2008, 07:36 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by courthousedeb
All you have to do is go thru the proper channels with GM to get everything approved FIRST...which is what was done at the CHF.net forum, prior to releasing the new logo and obtaining their written permission.
But is it a legally binding contract allowing you to use whatever Chevy logo you are using? Unless it's an actual contract from their legal department allowing you to use their logo for whatever purpose I wouldn't put 100% faith in whatever you have. Mind you I'm not a legal professional specializing in copyright laws but I have seen people go to court with a piece of paper just to have it tossed out and inadmissible because it's not a legally binding contract. It's also different if you're just using a logo or property versus making a profit off of it.
Old 01-12-2008, 07:47 PM

Permission came directly from their legal department, so it shouldn't be an issue. I would suggest that anyone wanting further information regarding what all is entailed to receive such permission and what is allowed contact them directly. I will say this though, be patient, it takes a while for it to go thru the process...ours was about 4-6 weeks from beginning to end. And yes...it is an official document from the company who handles all the permissions for GM products.
Old 01-12-2008, 07:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by courthousedeb
Permission came directly from their legal department, so it shouldn't be an issue. I would suggest that anyone wanting further information regarding what all is entailed to receive such permission and what is allowed contact them directly. I will say this though, be patient, it takes a while for it to go thru the process...ours was about 4-6 weeks from beginning to end.
Awesome. But I still think it's different because you're not making a profit off of it.
Old 01-12-2008, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by Smoke Wagon
...I wish someone with deep pockets would come along and embarrass the heck out of the folks at the Blue Oval.
Ford is doing quite well at embarrassing themselves as it is.

Between dumping most of their PAG holdings and pulling crap like this, I wonder how much longer they will be in business.

Next thing you know, Ford will be a subsidiary of some Chinese or Indian company.
Old 01-13-2008, 07:49 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by stick

Why can't people just mind their own business.
illegal is illegal correct?

thats what i was told about illegal aliens on this very board...now that people here know they are braking the law it is the same thing.
Old 01-14-2008, 11:32 AM

Does this mean that if YOU take a picture of YOUR car and try to profit from it AND the manufacturer's logo is visible, you are open to lawsuit from them? How about if you de-badge it or block out the logos on the car in some way?
Old 01-14-2008, 12:24 PM

Ford, well at least they circled the problem.

Quick Reply: Car Members Calendar/Possible Lawsuit