The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

In the case of Chambers vs. God...

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 01:32 PM
Banned

I'm sorry. I didn't mean it that way. I was typing while you posted. Like I said I used to be agnostic so I've been there and done that and know how it feels. I worded it differently while you were responding.
Old 09-21-2007, 01:34 PM

Oh, no, dude.. I didn't take offense to it... Well, not really. I know you didn't mean anything by it towards me.. Well, you get the picture

It's all good
Old 09-21-2007, 01:39 PM

The one thing we can all agree on is this dude is a nut for suing god.
Old 09-21-2007, 01:45 PM
Banned

Without a doubt!
Old 09-21-2007, 02:08 PM

Hear hear!
Old 09-21-2007, 02:32 PM

I'm agnostic as well. I picked that option because I was raised Catholic and went to Catholic school but things started to unravel for me in high school when science became a big part of my life. As science provided more answers religion provided less.

Hence, being agnostic made total sense.

Also, I'm the type of person that does not like to burn any bridges. One of the philosophies I live by is that you never know when you will need to call upon someone so don't piss people off.

If we get to the point of a judgement day I want to be able to tell god that I was confused and that this portion of my life was an "experimental" stage.
Old 09-21-2007, 02:58 PM
Banned

I was raised Catholic and then Methodist but never really believed. I was agnostic because I didn't know whose god was right out of the 1000s of possibilities. I've never really cared for an afterlife so that played no role in my being agnostic. As I grew older I became a freethinker and realized that all religion is BS. I believe all religions can be disproved on every level. Religion has never done any good in the grand scale of things and it's counterproductive for us as a race. Sure it can do good on a personal level but it can do just as much harm to a person and cause hatred.
Old 09-21-2007, 03:09 PM

Alright guys you have succeeded in getting the Captain on his soap box so back off I do not think the thread starter intended this to be a religious debate. Yes captain I am religious and in that believe you have every right to disagree so dont bash me. As far as the original topic started , well I think the man may be using some really seriously bad drugs to try and sue God or any other religious figure in court Who did he think would show up to defend themself?????
Old 09-21-2007, 03:20 PM
Banned

I'm sorry. I deleted that part while you were typing because after I re-read it I though it could be considered offensive even though that wasn't my intent. Even though that's how I feel it was irrelevant to our current conversation. I should type my final thought before hitting the post button.
Old 09-21-2007, 03:20 PM

Hehe... No, I didn't intend it to be a debate, but as long as it's in a constructive manner, non-offensive, family-friendly, and non-violent... I'm (well... the Network) is okay with it...

I also see that you changed your signature, Capt. Nice..

As far as religion goes... I believe in good-will. Do what is right by you and yours at all times. I give people chances, I forgive. But I also go with the old "Fool me once-fool me twice" saying. Whatever it is I'm doing, I try to be a good person.

Quick Reply: In the case of Chambers vs. God...