The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Change in seasons

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2006, 03:44 PM

Change in sporting seasons

As you can tell from my avatar, it's just about that time......NFL football is just around the corner. I went to the first home pre-season game last night. If the Pats play like that for the season, they will walk away with another championship. They beat the snot out of the Arizona (anyone remember St. Louis?) Cardinals last night 30-3. Lookin good!

As for my Red Sox Nation avatar...................you see those bums playing the Yankees? As we say in the Boston area "Dey shoulda stood in bed"

I think it's the curse of Juan daMone, otherwise known as Johnny Damon.

Changed the title a bit so it's less confusing. Don't worry....fall foliage means football weather!

Last edited by Firewatcher; 08-20-2006 at 07:59 PM.
Old 08-20-2006, 07:04 PM

I thought you were talking about the leaves changing colour

Sadly, the leaves are starting to change colour around here
Old 08-20-2006, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by Black Rose
I thought you were talking about the leaves changing colour

Sadly, the leaves are starting to change colour around here
Funny!! That's what I thought too!
Old 08-20-2006, 10:17 PM

John I know you're not using preseason to judge how you're team will do in the real season

You know the deal...Vanilla offense, Vanilla defense, starters don't play but one quarter if that...

Don't get me wrong, I'm not taking anything away from the Pats but wait for the regular season to see your teams true colors...I'm at the point that I'm not even watching some of the games because they can be so misleading. I'm a Charger season ticket holder and win or loose I'll take the preseason with a grain of salt. But like you, I can't wait for Sept. 7 to get here

Ng
Old 08-21-2006, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by Firewatcher
As for my Red Sox Nation avatar...................you see those bums playing the Yankees? As we say in the Boston area "Dey shoulda stood in bed"
I think it's the curse of Juan daMone, otherwise known as Johnny Damon.
Yes sir, Yankees did spank them this past weekend! Juan DaMone is haunting them. Is this a new curse?
Old 08-21-2006, 10:25 AM

Here we go steelers.
Old 08-21-2006, 05:20 PM

Firewatcher, I remember the Cardinals very well. It hurts every time I think about all those miserable seasons. I grew up in St. Louis.

Don't think that AFC East championship is in the bag. I'm hearing good things out of Miami every day. But, hey, you got Junior Seau now so maybe the Pats will win!
Old 08-21-2006, 07:16 PM

Yankees Rule. 5 game sweep. Damon Showed it to you guys. So did Cano.
Old 08-23-2006, 01:56 PM

I still hate the Yankees.
Old 08-23-2006, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by ng8650
John I know you're not using preseason to judge how you're team will do in the real season

You know the deal...Vanilla offense, Vanilla defense, starters don't play but one quarter if that...

Don't get me wrong, I'm not taking anything away from the Pats but wait for the regular season to see your teams true colors...I'm at the point that I'm not even watching some of the games because they can be so misleading. I'm a Charger season ticket holder and win or loose I'll take the preseason with a grain of salt. But like you, I can't wait for Sept. 7 to get here

Ng
Ng I would say that also after the Bears defense whipped up on your team! Just joking know its only preseason but when you have chicagos sports teams as your favorites you will cheer for any win LOL

Quick Reply: Change in seasons