The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Check you GM Card Statement!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 08:43 PM

Check you GM Card Statement!!!

I just took a look at my GM Card (HSBC) statement and guess what? They did it again. My interest rate was raised from 13.7% to 19.9%.

I have owned my GM card since 1995 and have never been late, I pay double and triple the minimum payments every month. My credit score is 783.

They sent me a note in December that "changes" might appear on my card, and thus, that was fair warning.

Think about it, interest rates are at an all time low and they are making almost a full 19% interest charge on my money. Try to earn 1% on your savings account and you'll find it is difficult.

Yet, I have a card which charges me 2.9% interest on my card.
I told them tonight that they were immoral bastards and don't know how they sleep at night.

Tomorrow morning I will at least call GM and tell that HSBC is doing them no favors. None of it will do any good, as no one gives a dam about customers anymore. I will then take my home equity account which charges me 3.75% and transfer my GM balance to that and dump it once and for all.

My advise to any of you out there that have a GM card - check for an increase in your interest rate. For those of you that don't have a GM card, never get one.

PS - Discover charges me 12.45%.
Old 02-08-2010, 09:07 PM

all the credit cards are going up in the interest rates. Thank the President...

And AIG is set to pay out the big bonuses again.
Old 02-08-2010, 09:10 PM

Cheap credit is going to be a thing of the past. Thankfully, I have a large open line of credit at a really good rate I will keep my CC for on the go purchases and then pay it off. Just wait until you carry a 0 balance and they charge you an inactivity fee
Old 02-08-2010, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by TomsHHR
all the credit cards are going up in the interest rates. Thank the President...

And AIG is set to pay out the big bonuses again.
How do you figure this is Obama fault may I ask? He attempted to reign them in and by outlawing some of their selfish usury tactics and they're now trying to do an end around. That doesn't make him bad for trying to correct immorality. These guys in their ivory towers that make millions on the backs of working men and women just don't get it and never will.
Old 02-08-2010, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by HillsdaleHHR
Cheap credit is going to be a thing of the past. Thankfully, I have a large open line of credit at a really good rate I will keep my CC for on the go purchases and then pay it off. Just wait until you carry a 0 balance and they charge you an inactivity fee
Been there with my JC Penny and Sears cards. Dumped them both. Can't win. Use your card, pay up the ass. Don't use it......bend over it's coming in again.
Old 02-08-2010, 11:54 PM
Platinum Member

AS someone else said.....

ALL the cards are going up and having major changes. My cards have gone up also and, as of November of last year, my credit score from ALL three credit agencies is much higher than yours. I charge everything I can and pay the card off every month. I have NEVER carried a balance. And again, as I stated, my card interest increased also. So, you're not anyone special, THEY didn't do it to JUST you. But in my opinion, you should have done this anyway......

I will then take my home equity account which charges me 3.75% and transfer my GM balance to that and dump it once and for all.

Old 02-09-2010, 08:52 PM

I believe you can choose to not use the card anymore and pay off the old balance at the old interest rate. You then can shop for a better card and rate. You are paying for all the folks that went bankrupt, as well as bank profits. Best revenge is to work your way towards a zero balance on all your cards, and then actually start earning dollars on every purchase, and start paying in full every month.

In Dante's Inferno, usurers occupy the seventh circle of Hell
Old 02-09-2010, 09:02 PM

Problem with giving up the card is that it's the old original card. Can accumulate up to 5 or 7 years - @$500 per year. They want you to give up this card and go with the new style which has lower earnings. I paid it in full today and put both mine and my wife's in the drawer. Will use it to annually get my earnings and put it away.
I have a Universal card which I pay every month at 2.9 to 3.9%. Financed my used car on it. My Discover is at 12.45%.
Update: HSBC was rated the #1 worst bank on the Planet today in a survey. Wonder why?
Old 02-09-2010, 09:03 PM

Unhappy

Months ago Capitalone raised my rate from 5.99% to 15.99% for no apparent reason than GREED! I was never ever late and usually paid the balance in full?? Now they send Transfer Checks to me so I can transfer other accounts to Capitalone at 5.99% for 12 Months!! Is this a Circle Jerk or what!!
Old 02-09-2010, 09:03 PM

Yea what c2vette said

Quick Reply: Check you GM Card Statement!!!