The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Chevrolet introduces 2006 HHR wagon

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2006, 08:22 AM

He was driving a pt loser, he had to be. I will admit at first I did not like the location of the window buttons, but it has not taken much time at tall to adjust and actually like where there. Adjusting the seat while the door is closed is simple, put your hand down at your side and adjust, he must weigh like 500lbs and not be able to reach.
Old 01-11-2006, 08:32 AM

maybe he drove an ssr. Not sure how the layout is in them but it looks cramp to me.
Old 02-14-2006, 09:19 AM

I love the design qualities of the inside of my HHR. I am a big man that wears vintage fedoras and derbies alot..plenty of head room. I am fat but can still reach the heated seat buttons...LOL. I have never owned a new car and the HHR is the only thing that turned my head and made me step into a monthly payment. I LOVE THIS CAR. I have a 53 Chevy Kustom and now an 06 HHR 1LT. I love them both and they are 53 years apart..LOL.
Truthfully ..I have hardly seen any SSR trucks on the road in my area up here in Seattle..I think i might have seen 2 and they were the same color yellow so they might have been the same truck..LOL.
Old 03-30-2006, 10:10 PM

For me, the single biggest selling-point was the fuel economy, which puts both the Durango and the PT loser to shame... that factor wasn't addressed at all in this article. The more I drive my HHR the more I find myself noticing how many people on the road are guzzling gas like there's no tomorrow. Suckers.
Old 04-18-2006, 06:56 AM

The more I drive my HHR, the more I like it and especially compared to my previous PT (even though it was a turbo - very fast). The HHR has a lot more interior space (longer) and rides much better than the PT. As to looks, there is no comparison in favor of the HHR.

I am hoping that GM comes out with an HHR Turbo next year, as feel it needs some boost in the power department. On the other hand, the gas mileage is so great and as it breaks in (now at 1500 miles) and after I change to Mobil 1 Synthetic oil, feel that the gas mileage will improve even further. Currently I seem to average around 24-25 mpg per tank. (PT was 20 mpg - same driving).

I don't have any problem with any of the HHR switches or steering wheel, except the window switches are in a bad spot until you get used to them. I don't even mind the lights under the mirror. My son borrowed my car for about a week and he is a big guy and drives a Ford Excursion and Chevy Van. He remarked about how much room was inside and he was very impressed with the styling (no complaints). I get a lot more compliments with the HHR than with the PT, but this is probably due to the PT being out so long.

Fritz45