The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Chevrolet Unveils Aveo RS

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 09:43 AM

Chevrolet Unveils Aveo RS

http://uk.autoblog.com/2010/01/08/ch...veils-aveo-rs/

Chevrolet has released the first details of its Aveo RS Concept, which will make its debut at the Detroit Motor Show next week.

The Aveo RS Concept has been designed to make the small hatchback appeal to younger car buyers in the US, and gives the clearest indication yet as to how the next generation Aveo might look.

The show car – pictured here – retains the familiar Chevrolet 'face' but gets a deeper front grille and side inserts with integrated fog lights for a more aggressively styled look. It also gets exposed headlights and sits on 19-inch gun-metal alloy wheels. At the rear an integrated spoiler, centre-mounted exhaust and chrome exhaust tips finish the car's look.

Inside, a matte black interior is highlighted with gloss black, metallic and blue inserts while the leather seats feature contrasting blue stitching.

The Aveo RS is powered by a 138bhp 1.4-litre turbocharged petrol engine mated to a six-speed manual transmission, which Chevrolet says offers both performance and decent fuel economy.

The Aveo is due to go on sale in the US in 2011 with production starting later this year at Orion Assembly in Michigan creating 1,200 jobs.

Last edited by ChevyMgr; 01-12-2010 at 09:57 PM. Reason: added pic
Old 01-08-2010, 09:44 AM

Nice to see that they will be building them here, rather than importing them!
Old 01-08-2010, 10:14 AM

GMI has pictures of the car posted all over the place. Unfortunately the headlights and taillights are not (at current) slated for production. I for one hope that GM includes the lights. The new Aveo otherwise looks VERY sharp, and I would have no problem buying another one when the HHR is ready for replacement. The Orlando is simply too big.
Old 01-08-2010, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by wolfman
I would have no problem buying another one when the HHR is ready for replacement.
I have a feeling there are quite a few new cars coming out that just may replace some of our HHRs! I'm keeping my eye on the Cruze!
Old 01-08-2010, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by wolfman
GMI has pictures of the car posted all over the place. Unfortunately the headlights and taillights are not (at current) slated for production. I for one hope that GM includes the lights. The new Aveo otherwise looks VERY sharp, and I would have no problem buying another one when the HHR is ready for replacement. The Orlando is simply too big.
I have seen the tail lights on the production car and they are different but still carry similar styling. I would ignore the LED lights as they will not make production.

Here is some photo's of the production car that give you an idea of how they will turn out.

http://carsspyphotos.com/2011-chevrolet-aveo/

As you see it the car is about 90% production.

Note too the Orlando is not as big as you think and the the new Granite GMC will ge much smaller like the Scion Xb. Note GM has a lot more you have not seen yet coming.
Old 01-08-2010, 01:41 PM
ecl

I think that looks good an Aveo I would actually drive
Old 01-08-2010, 03:31 PM

The tail lights on the production test model look a lot like the current 5 door's taillights.
Old 01-08-2010, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by ecl
I think that looks good an Aveo I would actually drive
I agree, but I wonder how many people will buy that over a Cruze? Won't they be close in price? They may be competing with themselves still, as they are with the Aveo and Cobalt. You see more Cobalts than Aveos.
Old 01-08-2010, 03:34 PM

I think it's cool. Beats the snot out of the Yaris, that's for sure.
Old 01-08-2010, 03:39 PM

138 f'n HP....

Holy f'n WOW

Quick Reply: Chevrolet Unveils Aveo RS