The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Chevrolet Unveils Aveo RS

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by CrazyCarKid
I agree, but I wonder how many people will buy that over a Cruze? Won't they be close in price? They may be competing with themselves still, as they are with the Aveo and Cobalt. You see more Cobalts than Aveos.
I would. I bought my HHR because it was a hatchback and I'd consider the Aveo due to that very same reason...and that it looks cool, of course. When both of my kids are old enough to drive and have their own cars, something like the Aveo is all I would need. Just enough room for me and the JRT.
Old 01-08-2010, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by CrazyCarKid
I agree, but I wonder how many people will buy that over a Cruze? Won't they be close in price? They may be competing with themselves still, as they are with the Aveo and Cobalt. You see more Cobalts than Aveos.
The they are different sizes and the Cruze is going to be more expensive than the Cobalt. It will have much more uplevel trim and options than the Cobalt ever had.

Add to the mix an even cheaper Spark that is like an Aveo only smaller coming too.

The fact is Hatchbacks in this county have had a limited interst.

The Cruze will play to the Civic group as the Aveo plays to the the Fiesta and Fit people.
Old 01-08-2010, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by JoeR
138 f'n HP....

Holy f'n WOW
i am shur that it is just like the lnf they are holding back alot of power.
Old 01-08-2010, 11:47 PM
Platinum Member

I wish Chevy never killed off the S-10
Old 01-09-2010, 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by SSguy
I wish Chevy never killed off the S-10
It wasn't big enough...They needed something to go up against the Dakota... Now where's the Dakota now? Go figure... Another "ingenious" decision by GM...

Old 01-09-2010, 01:02 AM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by 87silver
It wasn't big enough...They needed something to go up against the Dakota... Now where's the Dakota now? Go figure... Another "ingenious" decision by GM...

Precisely.....my point. my former 98 S-10
Attached Images  
Old 01-09-2010, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by SSguy
Precisely.....my point. my former 98 S-10
As someone who bought an S-10 last summer, it really was too small. I was literally unable to get that seat adjusted in any way that didn't either have me slouching forward, or mashing my knees into the dashboard. My I-280 is perfect in size, and I get within 1 - 2 mpg of the dime that I briefly owned.
Old 01-09-2010, 09:05 AM

I was just coming on here to post this, pretty sweet looking ride but they need to put the 2.0 Turbo in it. I would actually buy this little booger.
Old 01-09-2010, 09:11 AM

The Aveo will only be worth about 50% of it's selling price after 3 years. Any Toyota[the Yaris was mentioned] or Honda will be worth 75% of it's purchase price. Even Fords are starting to retain some value where in the past they rivaled GM in used car value.

GM keeps spending BILLIONS in advertising claiming their cars are as good as the competition. They are NOT!

Yes, a few models shine...but too many GM cars are just junk...the Impala comes to mind.

I would not have a Chrysler product and the Dakota is among the least reliable trucks in existence. ALL Chrysler products suffer from crap electrical systems and motors [including the Hemi] that have numerous design flaws.

The Aveo has a bad rep and just advertising and paying off major auto publications to market it will not work.
Old 01-09-2010, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by Tominator
The Aveo will only be worth about 50% of it's selling price after 3 years. Any Toyota[the Yaris was mentioned] or Honda will be worth 75% of it's purchase price. Even Fords are starting to retain some value where in the past they rivaled GM in used car value.

GM keeps spending BILLIONS in advertising claiming their cars are as good as the competition. They are NOT!

Yes, a few models shine...but too many GM cars are just junk...the Impala comes to mind.

I would not have a Chrysler product and the Dakota is among the least reliable trucks in existence. ALL Chrysler products suffer from crap electrical systems and motors [including the Hemi] that have numerous design flaws.

The Aveo has a bad rep and just advertising and paying off major auto publications to market it will not work.

Um, sorry..but I do believe all of your statement was opinion.

In fact, my grandpa bought a 1998 Dakota brand new, and still drives it. Has 140k on it, never had a problem!

And, you're comparing the Impala, which was designed well before the new GM. How can you compare a car that was released to the public in 2005 to ones in 2010-12? That's quite a few years of difference...

You can't compare old models to new ones....they change them.

Quick Reply: Chevrolet Unveils Aveo RS