The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Chevrolet Unveils Aveo RS

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by Tominator
The Aveo will only be worth about 50% of it's selling price after 3 years. Any Toyota[the Yaris was mentioned] or Honda will be worth 75% of it's purchase price. Even Fords are starting to retain some value where in the past they rivaled GM in used car value.

GM keeps spending BILLIONS in advertising claiming their cars are as good as the competition. They are NOT!

Yes, a few models shine...but too many GM cars are just junk...the Impala comes to mind.

I would not have a Chrysler product and the Dakota is among the least reliable trucks in existence. ALL Chrysler products suffer from crap electrical systems and motors [including the Hemi] that have numerous design flaws.

The Aveo has a bad rep and just advertising and paying off major auto publications to market it will not work.
I do believe there are thousands of Honda forums across the net LEAVE and go there. Your on the wrong forum to bad mouth GM
Old 01-09-2010, 11:44 AM

Arrow

Originally Posted by chadpuska
I do believe there are thousands of Honda forums across the net LEAVE and go there. Your on the wrong forum to bad mouth GM
I'm a car guy, usually Ford, but I really like my HHR SS a bunch.

I'll complain about GM here thanks....and Fords on various forums and my Scion on the Toyota forum.

Reality is reality.....get used to it...
Old 01-09-2010, 12:47 PM

I'm a car guy, usually Ford, but I really like my HHR SS a bunch.

I'll complain about GM here thanks....and Fords on various forums and my Scion on the Toyota forum.

Reality is reality.....get used to it...
how is it reality? i have owned many gm cars except for one honda wich was a big POS and never had problems with any of them, sold my camaro with 220,000 miles on it.
Old 01-09-2010, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by chadpuska
how is it reality? i have owned many gm cars except for one honda wich was a big POS and never had problems with any of them, sold my camaro with 220,000 miles on it.
Like someone said....my opinion and there are exceptions.

Bet I've owned more GM cars than you have!
Old 01-09-2010, 02:46 PM

I am a GM man, love GM always opt for a GM car, if they have what i am looking for. But what i will say is that the 2007 chevy aveo my wife had was a pos. she only put 27,000 miles on it and had to replace bearings, and have the whole housing pan and housing rebuilt because of bad gaskets. We promptly got trade it in, unfortunately on a 09 mazda5, thats because the chevy orlando hasnt come out yet. I was hoping we could hold out, but the car was falling apart.
Old 01-09-2010, 09:31 PM

What I like though is how people just assume the new models are crap too, before they've even come out! You have to remember how many years apart these are!
Old 01-09-2010, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by CrazyCarKid
What I like though is how people just assume the new models are crap too, before they've even come out! You have to remember how many years apart these are!
It's a Korean car....now...rag on the Japanese awhile....

I hope like hell it's a GREAT car, but GM needs to stress quality as much as advertising....
Old 01-09-2010, 10:42 PM

It's a Korean car....
But that's the thing...the new one won't be. It's going to be made in Michigan.
Old 01-09-2010, 10:43 PM

I am guessing the aveo rs was the beat/groove/traxx then sparxx(sp) concept replacement. I still like the look.
Old 01-09-2010, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by shaginwgn
I am guessing the aveo rs was the beat/groove/traxx then sparxx(sp) concept replacement. I still like the look.
No, the Spark is still a go. It's coming out in 2011. It's going to be smaller than the Aveo. How that's possible, I don't know...

Quick Reply: Chevrolet Unveils Aveo RS