The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Chevrolet Unveils Aveo RS

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by Rooney
The 2011 Aveo will be built in Michigan. And since there technically is no such thing as a Daewoo anymore, since GM bought it outright, it's a Chevy.
{Here is a little more information about GM Daewoo/GM Dat}

GM Daewoo is supposed to take responsibility for developing the future version of the GM Gamma platform, currently used by the Opel Corsa D and the Fiat Grande Punto. Therefore, it has been speculated that the Chevrolet Corsa C, sold in Latin America since 2002, may be replaced or joined by a slightly modified version of the Corsa D - in the latter case, it might be named Astra (like the Chevrolet Vectra, which is a Opel Astra C with a different front end), and the Corsa may be followed by a Kalos/Aveo built on the Corsa B's platform with many shared pieces with the Chevrolet Celta.
The 2009 GM Daewoo Matiz Creative

Developed by a global design and engineering team, the GM Daewoo Lacetti Premiere was introduced in October, 2008.

In August 2009, GM Daewoo released the Matiz Creative, design being based on the '07 Chevrolet Beat concept.

The Chevrolet Orlando concept production version is going to be manufactured by GM Daewoo, and has alredy been spotted on the Chinese roads.[12]

Images recently leaked of a new 2011 model, known under the VS300 project, being a rebadged 2010 Buick LaCrosse. It is supposed to be named GM Daewoo Alpheon. [13][14][15]

On Monday, 11th of January '10, Chevrolet will present at the 2010 Detroit Motor Show the GM DAT designed Aveo RS Concept, which introduces the forthcoming Kalos/Gentra. [16]
Old 01-11-2010, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by decsr72256
{Here is a little more information about GM Daewoo/GM Dat}

GM Daewoo is supposed to take responsibility for developing the future version of the GM Gamma platform, currently used by the Opel Corsa D and the Fiat Grande Punto. Therefore, it has been speculated that the Chevrolet Corsa C, sold in Latin America since 2002, may be replaced or joined by a slightly modified version of the Corsa D - in the latter case, it might be named Astra (like the Chevrolet Vectra, which is a Opel Astra C with a different front end), and the Corsa may be followed by a Kalos/Aveo built on the Corsa B's platform with many shared pieces with the Chevrolet Celta.
The 2009 GM Daewoo Matiz Creative

Developed by a global design and engineering team, the GM Daewoo Lacetti Premiere was introduced in October, 2008.

In August 2009, GM Daewoo released the Matiz Creative, design being based on the '07 Chevrolet Beat concept.

The Chevrolet Orlando concept production version is going to be manufactured by GM Daewoo, and has alredy been spotted on the Chinese roads.[12]

Images recently leaked of a new 2011 model, known under the VS300 project, being a rebadged 2010 Buick LaCrosse. It is supposed to be named GM Daewoo Alpheon. [13][14][15]

On Monday, 11th of January '10, Chevrolet will present at the 2010 Detroit Motor Show the GM DAT designed Aveo RS Concept, which introduces the forthcoming Kalos/Gentra. [16]
Sigh. Daewoo is just a division now, that was my point. It isn't a seperate company anymore.
Old 01-11-2010, 05:12 PM

I hope the 2011 Aveo that will be built in Michigan is more Chevy then Daewoo.
Old 01-12-2010, 09:30 PM

Alot more Pic's here, Looks pretty good along with the Focus.

http://www.motortrend.com/auto_shows...car/index.html
Old 01-12-2010, 10:11 PM
Founding Member

Originally Posted by JoeR
138 f'n HP....

Holy f'n WOW
I'm pretty sure you won't be watching many at the track. Economy is the only thing you better be thinking of if you buy one. Tweentys will like them.

Originally Posted by Tominator
The Aveo will only be worth about 50% of it's selling price after 3 years. Any Toyota[the Yaris was mentioned] or Honda will be worth 75% of it's purchase price.
Source for these figures/predictions?

Originally Posted by Tominator
Yaris
But if you bought one then you would have to drive it.

Originally Posted by VictorySpark08
resale Value means very little.
To me value is what you can sell something for on that day at that time.

No depreciation/devaluation figures make a squat of difference if you work a sale by selling high or you can always roll over and sell low.

Last edited by ChevyMgr; 01-13-2010 at 09:41 AM.
Old 01-13-2010, 09:09 AM

Now that i see more pic's of the New Aveo, looks to be like a Honda Fit fighter.
Old 01-13-2010, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by VictorySpark08
looks to be like a Honda Fit fighter.
I think it is more of GM's response to Ford and their new Fiesta.
Old 01-13-2010, 11:03 AM

OK, so I am late on this post

First that Aveo RS looks pretty good. Looks a heck of a lot better then the blue one we have, first production year. Oddly enough I get better gas mileage in my hhr more often then not. Both around town and highway. With a lot more room.

The Spark is crazy small. When I was in Aruba they were al over the place. Very into small cars down there. We had a kia rio, not that small, but we werebasically off roading in it.

I liked the impala. Father in law had one. We took it on a road trip and we were getting 34mpg, and it was big enough to fit a futon in the back with the seats folded down, not many cars can do both of those...
Old 01-13-2010, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by twistrman
I liked the impala. Father in law had one. We took it on a road trip and we were getting 34mpg, and it was big enough to fit a futon in the back with the seats folded down, not many cars can do both of those...
Yeah, my mom had a 2006 when they first came out... A VERY nice, comfortable car. We averaged on a trip about 38mpg going 60mph! Very good for a car that size. It was a really nice car, lots of nifty features and didn't feel "cheap" at all. I think Chevy really outdid themselves on that car at the time, then made everything junk.... I think that was about the only Chevrolet from the "old GM" that wasn't cheaply made...or so it seemed.
Old 01-13-2010, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by CrazyCarKid
Yeah, my mom had a 2006 when they first came out... A VERY nice, comfortable car. We averaged on a trip about 38mpg going 60mph! Very good for a car that size. It was a really nice car, lots of nifty features and didn't feel "cheap" at all. I think Chevy really outdid themselves on that car at the time, then made everything junk.... I think that was about the only Chevrolet from the "old GM" that wasn't cheaply made...or so it seemed.
Your Probably correct considering GM isn't planning on changing it for another 2years.

Quick Reply: Chevrolet Unveils Aveo RS