The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Chevy Captiva

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 10:09 AM

Chevy Captiva

Guys and Girls,

There has been talk of the commercial replacement for the HHR here called the Captiva. This name has been around on various Chevies but not in the U.S.

I am stopped at a light the other day looking at this really clean looking Saturn Aura.........or is it? It had a Chevy bowtie with Captiva on the back and NY tags.

Could this be a "just over the boarder buy in Canada?" I really wished that I'd gotten a look at the grill because it was probably different than a Saturn.

QuickRick
Old 02-28-2012, 10:18 AM

That sounds like a 2008–2012 Malibu except that you said that it had a Captiva emblem on the back. In the US the Malibu as well as the Pontiac G6 shared the same platform as the Saturn Aura. I tnink it's the Epsilon platform.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:34 AM

Captiva/ Saturn Vue

OOPS, My bad.....correction...it looked like a Saturn Vue (the SUV) not the Aura.....which is the Malibu cousin.

QR
Old 02-28-2012, 12:28 PM

That makes sense. The Captiva is the latest rendition of the Theta platform; same platform the the Vue was built on before they shelved Saturn in 2009. The Captiva is only available as a fleet vehicle here also.
http://media.gm.com/content/media/us...r/0311_captiva
Old 02-28-2012, 01:21 PM

We were originally supposed to receive the Orlando as the HHR's replacement, but then they decided not to sell the Orlando here in the U.S. and gave us the Captiva Sport instead. However the Orlando still is the HHR's replacement in Canada. The Captiva Sport is based off the Opel Antara and like you said has been seen here before as the Saturn Vue. Also like was said it is only available to fleets so the one you saw was most likely someone's rental car.
Old 02-28-2012, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by ThatChevy
We were originally supposed to receive the Orlando as the HHR's replacement, but then they decided not to sell the Orlando here in the U.S. and gave us the Captiva Sport instead. However the Orlando still is the HHR's replacement in Canada. The Captiva Sport is based off the Opel Antara and like you said has been seen here before as the Saturn Vue. Also like was said it is only available to fleets so the one you saw was most likely someone's rental car.
I really like the orlando from the front. From the rear it looks horrible.
Old 02-28-2012, 02:34 PM

In my country this car sell since 2008, the price of 30000 dollars. The European division GM/
http://www.chevrolet.kiev.ua/dir/captiva/descr.html
Engine HHR and software PCM absolutely different

15 MPG city / 22 MPG way
Old 02-28-2012, 04:41 PM

Saw an Orlando the other day. Chased it down and sure enough it had Canada plates. My dealer confirmed it as a canadian model, probably made by Daewoo. Did'nt care for the looks.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by atom
In my country this car sell since 2008, the price of 30000 dollars. The European division GM/
http://www.chevrolet.kiev.ua/dir/captiva/descr.html
Engine HHR and software PCM absolutely different

15 MPG city / 22 MPG way
Atom, that is really cool to see the brochure in Russian.
I noticed that it has a V6 not a I4...
Old 02-28-2012, 06:48 PM

Like stated the Vue is fleet sales only. Companies and Enterprise will be the prime movers on this. It is only a rebadged and grilled Vue.

The whole point of the Captiva is to have a cheap car available to fleet sales so Chevy did not have to sell the Equinox to Fleet sales. If the Nox or very few of them go to fleet sales this will help preserve their resale value when Enterprise dumps their cars on the market.

GM learned well from the low resale value of the HHR and Cobalt because of high fleet sales and dumping of the used models a year or so later. That is why today you can find and buy a LT1 so cheap today.

In other words the Captiva will take the resale bullet for the Nox.

Quick Reply: Chevy Captiva