The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Chinese Vehicles are coming

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2006, 09:31 AM

This is like sitting next to a "Bad" table at Starbucks...
Old 09-30-2006, 09:35 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by SoCalHHR
This is like sitting next to a "Bad" table at Starbucks...
ROTFLMAO! I'm staying out of this because I never have anything nice to say about foreign vehicles. Except for German and Italian vehicles that is.

Edit: I almost forgot that there are some nice British cars too.

Last edited by captain howdy; 09-30-2006 at 01:33 PM.
Old 09-30-2006, 01:58 PM

Thing I find kinda funny is that it doesn't list cars. Their site lists a CUV, SUV and trucks. And the names are different...ie Sing, Pegasus, Sailor and Deer. They will more than likely change those to the letter/number system that the higher end companies have been using. (is300, e350, g35) Not saying these are high end autos but even if they are going to be inexpensive it seems to be the growing trend..(HHR)
Old 09-30-2006, 02:48 PM

I don't think G.M or Ford need to worry...it's the other import companies that need to be worried...plus there workers.
Old 09-30-2006, 03:37 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by JoeR
One of the biggest auto manufacturers in China is a company called GM!

Have a look here: GM China
Hey Joe....

Good post.....true, kind of....(the term, "one of", helps)

Last I heard....one of the largest VEHICLE companies in China...IS The Peoples Republic of China.

As an American Company, GM or any other vehicle manufacture, is not a single entity. The only way the vehicle companies can do business over there is to form an ALLIANCE (sound familar) with another Chinese company. The Chinese auto companies are controlled and owned by the government. Again, last I heard. Oh, I think VW is the largest "outsider" or partner. Daowoo and Hyundai are moving in fast with new "alliances".

And, unfortuneately BB is probably correct.
Old 09-30-2006, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by Firewatcher
And who could ever forget the Yugo?
Damn, just when it was about to fade from my consciousness...thanks for reminding me of that travesty!
Old 09-30-2006, 03:48 PM

HEY, I resemble that. What do you mean Un-fortunately, I started out saying that WE drive a FOREIGN veh. I`ve owned both foreign and domestic, when it really comes down to brass tacks, 4 wheels beats 2 heels any day. I just want to get where I`m headed, in the most economic fashion possible.
To be truthful, since My tax dollars subsidize GM, you could say they`re Government owned/operated
Old 09-30-2006, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by Snoopy
Daowoo and Hyundai are moving in fast with new "alliances".
Daewoo is no more... GM owns the most of the Daewoo automotive assets, and the former Daewoo vehicles are now sold as Chevys in most foreign countries.

Originally Posted by Black Beauty
To be truthful, since My tax dollars subsidize GM, you could say they`re Government owned/operated
Uhh, how do you figure that your tax dollars subsidize GM?
Old 09-30-2006, 04:43 PM

GM recieves Tax incentives, Breaks, etc; All big businesses get incentives, Mc Donalds, Burger King, GM... Any thing that comes to them in any form of Gov. program is TAX dollars paid by You & I or Taxes not paid by them...
Take your chose. When the gov. garrantees a pension plan by GM, thats a program.
Old 10-01-2006, 02:26 PM
Platinum Member

But, that's because our government THINKS they are doing what is best for the populus overall. I don't agree with it...but that's the way it's done.

Because I was a small business owner and a minority, many state and federal programs were available to me. I did not afford myself (or my wife) these opportunities because my belief was "a business should be worthy of generating it's own capital"....and not be artificially subsidized, "with your tax dollars". That was my decision, others have made theirs.

Oh, by the way. You mentioned you work in the health care/hospital industry. According to the Wall Street Journal, that is the next area of export. Many hospitals are now exporting data (patients records, radiology, billing, etc.)for "crunching" in areas of the world, where costs are much less. I wonder if your position will change, if it begins happening to you.

Quick Reply: Chinese Vehicles are coming